June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
tokon said:
What a useful thread you have created Madam Tinuadeadebola. I am moved by all your preparatory tasks.

Cheers!
Thanks for the compliment I can see we are both landing in February all the best!!!

Beenilly

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 june 2010
Doc's Request.
27 oct 2010
Med's Request
19 March 2012
Med's Done....
4 April 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19th July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30th July 2012
LANDED..........
14 August 2012
tinuadeadebola said:
Landed seniors!!!

Trust you all are doing great? It's been a while and I thought I should say hi. Recently landed seniors Goldenapple, Beenily, Canada Tafi, BDX, Diamond X, Toluwanile, Fatex and all those too numerous to mention we hope you all are settling down well ? Happy White Christmas in advance.
Thanks sis, we are settling down just fine. Canada is a great place to be. You will find out soon when you land. Happy christmas to you too and all the best with your landing preparation.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Beenilly said:
Thanks sis, we are settling down just fine. Canada is a great place to be. You will find out soon when you land. Happy christmas to you too and all the best with your landing preparation.
Great!!! May the lord go before you and perfect your case.

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Please i need a reliable and cheap airline. I am planning to land in April 2013 @ toronto. I have a wife, one under 2yr and one under 3yr. I also want to ask if it is possible to change destination if one does not want to land at toronto again. Is it possible to move from one province to another before getting PR card.

If one book this weekend against april 24 with return set at july 30, how much is one likely to pay for flight.
I have 2million naira is ok for landing.

I want to ask if they will us to land with 12500CAD instead of 20500CAD. Landed people what is your experience.

PLEASE LANDED SENIORS HELP

momohj25

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
Med's Request
31-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-08-2012
Passport Req..
25-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2012
LANDED..........
TJ2010 said:
Please i need a reliable and cheap airline. I am planning to land in April 2013 @ toronto. I have a wife, one under 2yr and one under 3yr. I also want to ask if it is possible to change destination if one does not want to land at toronto again. Is it possible to move from one province to another before getting PR card.

If one book this weekend against april 24 with return set at july 30, how much is one likely to pay for flight.
I have 2million naira is ok for landing.

I want to ask if they will us to land with 12500CAD instead of 20500CAD. Landed people what is your experience.

PLEASE LANDED SENIORS HELP
yes, it is possible to change destination if you applied under FSW. Usually, you will get your PR card at the address you gave when landing.
As for the POF, they expected you to have the said amount, though most people were lucky as the officers did not check this. and also since you are landing with a substantial amount, you should be fine. but you have to prepare yourself on what to tell them once they ask you.

Good luck

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Please i need a reliable and cheap airline. I am planning to land in April 2013 @ toronto. I have a wife, one under 2yr and one under 3yr. I also want to ask if it is possible to change destination if one does not want to land at toronto again. Is it possible to move from one province to another before getting PR card. If one book this weekend against april 24 with return set at july 30, how much is one likely to pay for flight.I have 2million naira is ok for landing.I want to ask if they will us to land with 12500CAD instead of 20500CAD. Landed people what is your experience. PLEASE LANDED SENIORS HELP

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
TJ2010 said:
Please i need a reliable and cheap airline. I am planning to land in April 2013 @ toronto. I have a wife, one under 2yr and one under 3yr. I also want to ask if it is possible to change destination if one does not want to land at toronto again. Is it possible to move from one province to another before getting PR card. If one book this weekend against april 24 with return set at july 30, how much is one likely to pay for flight.I have 2million naira is ok for landing.I want to ask if they will us to land with 12500CAD instead of 20500CAD. Landed people what is your experience. PLEASE LANDED SENIORS HELP
Go to wakanow.com and check their rate, they would give you prices for several airlines and you will chose the one you prefer after considering the duration and rate. As per proof of fund I guess you have to show everything maybe a mix of cash and draft or bank statement. Good luck

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to all newly landed Naijas. Wishing you a blissful white Xmas here in Canada IJN

I also wish those in various stages of the immigration process successful completion IJN

I wish those that are currently packing their bags and boxes in anticipation of landing soon safe journey and happy landing IJN

Oloye

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Oloye said:
Congratulations to all newly landed Naijas. Wishing you a blissful white Xmas here in Canada IJN

I also wish those in various stages of the immigration process successful completion IJN

I wish those that are currently packing their bags and boxes in anticipation of landing soon safe journey and happy landing IJN

Oloye
Thanks and we wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas and glorious 2013

kbert

Star Member
Jul 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
SOON
Nomination.....
BY HIS GRACE
AOR Received.
BY HIS GRACE
File Transfer...
BY HIS GRACE
Med's Request
BY HIS GRACE
Med's Done....
BY HIS GRACE
Interview........
OVER COME
Passport Req..
VERY SOON
VISA ISSUED...
BY HIS GRACE
LANDED..........
BY HIS GRACE
Immigration Changing: Provinces Need More Skilled Workers

November, 2012
inShare

Earlier this month, discussions were held between federal and provincial authorities regarding improvements to the country’s Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs). These discussions have been part of a larger move away from the current PNP system to one that will more effectively bring immigrants to provinces in need of their specific knowledge and skills.

Many provinces want to increase their annual Provincial Nominee quotas, which are allocated by the Federal government, in order to address widespread labour shortages. Saskatchewan is lobbying to increase its annual quota from 4,000 to 6,000. Ontario wants to raise its quota from 1,000 to 5,000, while British Columbia wants to take in 6,500, up from 3,500 this year.

The PNP System Today

The PNP system was implemented to allow provinces greater authority in choosing the Permanent Residents who arrive and settle within their borders. While provinces nominate individuals for Permanent Residency, the Federal government remains responsible for issuing visas and screening nominees for health and security.

PNPs benefit provinces throughout the country, as they are able to target workers who are most likely to succeed in their labour markets. Most PNP categories place an emphasis on work or study experience in the province, as well as training or skills in an in-demand profession. They may also develop special categories to help bolster targeted industries. British Columbia, for instance, offers an immigration stream exclusively for long- and heavy-haul truck drivers, whereas Alberta recently created a pilot program targeting trades such as ironworking and carpentry.

Despite its success, restrictions to the current PNP system have resulted in some provinces struggling to fill quotas while satisfying Federal government regulations. New Federal rules have also been implemented that require many PNP applicants to show proficiency in one of Canada’s two official languages.

PNPs in Transition

Ontario is one example of the need for PNP reform. The province receives more Permanent Residents per year than any other in Canada. The vast majority of these arrive through the popular Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC), while only 1,000 are currently channeled through the Ontario PNP.

The FSWC has been undergoing a number of changes that are part of the government’s goal of creating a faster and more flexible immigration system. These new changes are promising for Canadian provinces, as they will better target immigrants who are well-placed to thrive in Canada’s economy. Unlike most PNP programs, a job offer is not needed to apply to the FSWC, and successful applicants may settle in any province of their choosing, except Quebec. While applications are not currently being accepted for the Skilled Worker category of the FSWC, changes to program regulations are expected to come into force in January 2013.

The FSWC will help attract immigrants with the education and experience needed to excel in Canada. However, provinces such as Ontario wish to complement this program with PNPs that can bring in immigrants whose profiles are particularly sought after in their province. During a recent meeting in Halifax, premiers from across the country urged the Federal government to allow their provinces greater flexibility in achieving their immigration goals.

“We want more space to be able to make our decisions about which immigrants will come to our provinces, where they will be settled and how many we’ll get,” said one premier.

The Federal government has been working with provinces to help them do so in a more efficient manner. One important proposed plan is the creation of an Expression of Interest (EOI) system. This system, which will be modeled on ones already in place in Australia and New Zealand, will create a pool of skilled applicants from which provinces may select candidates. Greater details regarding an EOI system and other changes to PNPs are forthcoming.

Options for Applicants Today

There are a number of options currently available for Permanent Residency applicants. Because every PNP is different, interested applicants may find themselves more suitable for some provinces than others. In addition, they may consider the FSWC and Quebec Skilled Worker programs as a path to Permanent Residency.

For the FSCW (opening in 2013), applicants must:

Have at least 1 year of full time work experience in the last 10 years;
Demonstrate at least an Adequate-Intermediate language proficiency in English or French (Canadian Language Benchmark: 7);
Obtain at least 67 points on the new point grid (based on language proficiency, age, work experience, education and adaptability etc.);
Have their foreign education credentials assessed, authenticated and given an equivalent value in Canada

For the Quebec Skilled Worker (currently open and accepting applications), applicants must:

Obtain at least 49 points on a 57-point grid;
Have at least a high school degree;
Have a degree or diploma in one of 110 areas of training/fields of study

“Individuals who are committed to settling in a specific province should pay close attention to any changes being made in upcoming months,” said Attorney David Cohen. “However, they should also be aware of other popular options, such as the FSWC and Quebec Skilled Worker programs. The Quebec Skilled Worker program is currently accepting applications for Permanent Residency, while proactive applicants are already preparing their files in anticipation of the FSWC opening soon.”

With provinces more than ever seeking to attract newcomers to their cities and towns, it appears that Canada has never been more welcoming.

To learn more about Provincial Nomination or one of Canada’s 60-plus immigration programs, please fill out a free online immigration assessment.

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
tinuadeadebola said:
Thanks and glad you are settling well, as per winter my brother Abuja sun is killing oooooo how I wish I could take some of them along with me when landing!!! Cheers

LMAO!!! Thwe Sun in Canada is the cold. FYI, no point and kill fish in Canada oh!!LOL

Jibaba

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2008
Doc's Request.
30-3-2010
IELTS Request
05-05-2011 - Scored 8.0
Med's Request
20-02-2012
Med's Done....
02-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012
People as usual , find my story of landing in Calgary

I returned on sunday dec 2nd via London on BA. Na soso oyiinbo full the plane and the food no be anyanything good so tey my stomach dey ask me makawhy ! left Lagos on saturday evening , packaged all the dried fish in lagos , garri ijebu , egusi , nake it , my travellinng bag was smellinng like mama put kitchen ! i no send . Trip was smooth and at calgary , like someone told me i declared that i have dried fish and some local food. As we were waiting for bags at the conveyor , na so one smallie girl carry one dog come dey smell all the bags , i just bone face !
I was later director to a a corner for secondary inspection and my bags were scanned again . the young fellow singled out my mama put bag and asked to see the content , i opened it and he was surprised to see like 12 ragolis bottle of well- done nigerian groundnut . He looked at it curiously and ask what it was , i said it is groundnut or what we call snow shaker ... to help cushion the chilling winter .. he laughed but still googled groundnut to see if i can get them in . He came back disappoinnted handed back my passport and said i can go and be shaking winter anywhere .... all my fish head, ugwu , pepper , iru etc were not issues even my onion based indomie noddles.

am fully settled ,only still jet lagged and have started to open job serach pages ..The snow is so beautiful and was puzzled to see sunshine with it . i went outside to test my body and it wasnt that bad ..thouggh i didnt stay so long out .. later i got to know it was -14 degree.. well to me that looks like ordinary mathematics number once you are well kitted and mentally determined to see yourself ahead.
since i have landed before , i have little things to settle , buy a month bus pass , get a wind mobile sims and buy winter booths, my host are exceptionally caring , so i have no cause for alarm ... will anyone know if i can use my nigerian blackberry phone on wind ...

guvcode

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
Jibaba said:
People as usual , find my story of landing in Calgary

I returned on sunday dec 2nd via London on BA. Na soso oyiinbo full the plane and the food no be anyanything good so tey my stomach dey ask me makawhy ! left Lagos on saturday evening , packaged all the dried fish in lagos , garri ijebu , egusi , nake it , my travellinng bag was smellinng like mama put kitchen ! i no send . Trip was smooth and at calgary , like someone told me i declared that i have dried fish and some local food. As we were waiting for bags at the conveyor , na so one smallie girl carry one dog come dey smell all the bags , i just bone face !
I was later director to a a corner for secondary inspection and my bags were scanned again . the young fellow singled out my mama put bag and asked to see the content , i opened it and he was surprised to see like 12 ragolis bottle of well- done nigerian groundnut . He looked at it curiously and ask what it was , i said it is groundnut or what we call snow shaker ... to help cushion the chilling winter .. he laughed but still googled groundnut to see if i can get them in . He came back disappoinnted handed back my passport and said i can go and be shaking winter anywhere .... all my fish head, ugwu , pepper , iru etc were not issues even my onion based indomie noddles.

am fully settled ,only still jet lagged and have started to open job serach pages ..The snow is so beautiful and was puzzled to see sunshine with it . i went outside to test my body and it wasnt that bad ..thouggh i didnt stay so long out .. later i got to know it was -14 degree.. well to me that looks like ordinary mathematics number once you are well kitted and mentally determined to see yourself ahead.
since i have landed before , i have little things to settle , buy a month bus pass , get a wind mobile sims and buy winter booths, my host are exceptionally caring , so i have no cause for alarm ... will anyone know if i can use my nigerian blackberry phone on wind ...
Lol

Nice to hear your return story, very hilarious ;D, do have a nice and lovely White Christmas. Which BB phone do you use? WIND works with phones using a frequency called AWS, with bands 1700/2100.

You could just take the phone to WIND store and they will confirm if its usable or not

Guvcode

chevchenko

Jun 3, 2005
Nigeria
Hello Guys,

Compliments of the season! a quick question, I hope to land by the end of March, I have friends in Halifax and Mississauga, but still at a loss as to where to settle, I am hoping to get useful info from landed seniors here that can aid my decision.

I will really appreciate responses relating to affordable quality of living, schools for children, security, tax rates, weather and proximity to the Airport.

Thanks a lot
Chevy

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
congrats Jibaba and thanks for the tips in your story and encouragement about the weather!!!! may Canada favour you and yours. Happy Christmas in advance