+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed in Canada - Indian applicant

Ali hamd

Star Member
Dec 8, 2020
Hi,

I had applied for study visa for winter 2021 session in July 2020 and have landed in Canada on 3rd December 2020.

If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer them.
Congrats !
Can you share with us your timeline please ? and did you apply SDS ? :)

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Thanks for the info..
I am planning to come to Toronto on 10 Jan 2021 from US but holding Indian passport .

1-Is there any issue if I come to Canada even though my classes are online till MAR 2021 ( I am doing 1 yr masters program started in sep 2020)
2-What all documents are required? (As per my knowledge Enrollment status, Quarantine approved plan from university, Letter of introduction, Passport ,
Funds proof and LOA ...anything else)
3- What kind of questions immigration officer can ask.

Waiting for your reply ..thanks a ton

Reactions: John601

NOV94

Dec 9, 2020
Thanks for the info..
I am planning to come to Toronto on 10 Jan 2021 from US but holding Indian passport .

1-Is there any issue if I come to Canada even though my classes are online till MAR 2021 ( I am doing 1 yr masters program started in sep 2020)
2-What all documents are required? (As per my knowledge Enrollment status, Quarantine approved plan from university, Letter of introduction, Passport ,
Funds proof and LOA ...anything else)
3- What kind of questions immigration officer can ask.

Waiting for your reply ..thanks a ton
Hi,

I am not sure about the process if you are entering form the US. However, form India below documents were asked at the Delhi airport.

1. Travel authorisation letter from the college (Latest)
2.POE letter (Latest)
3. LOA from the college (Latest)

Immigration officer will ask simple questions like the place where you will be going for quarantine, proof of paid tuition fees, arrive can application receipt.

NOV94

Dec 9, 2020
Congrats !
Can you share with us your timeline please ? and did you apply SDS ? :)
Hi,

No, I did not apply for SDS as I had only paid first semester tuition fees. I had applied in the month of July (Biometrics were already done in Feb 2020), received AIP in the first week of september and the PPL in the first week of November.

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
3. LOA from the college (Latest) : LOA I have which I got in Sep 2020 and college is proving enrollment status letter too.

what is Travel authorization letter : Do we need to ask explicitly from the university and what does this letter states.

did you get POE letter after passport stamping. I have sent my passport last week to VFS but haven't received POE letter yet.

NOV94

Dec 9, 2020
3. LOA from the college (Latest) : LOA I have which I got in Sep 2020 and college is proving enrollment status letter too.

what is Travel authorization letter : Do we need to ask explicitly from the university and what does this letter states.

did you get POE letter after passport stamping. I have sent my passport last week to VFS but haven't received POE letter yet.
LOA of sep should be fine.
Travel authorization letter- Please ask your college regarding this. I got this letter after submitting the quarantine plan to the college. It will state that your travel is non-discretionary and allowed based on the current IRCC policy.
POE letter- You will get this after the stamping is done.

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
LOA of sep should be fine.
Travel authorization letter- Please ask your college regarding this. I got this letter after submitting the quarantine plan to the college. It will state that your travel is non-discretionary and allowed based on the current IRCC policy.
POE letter- You will get this after the stamping is done.
Thanks Buddy really appreciate your help.

kalis236

Jul 16, 2020
Hi,

I had applied for study visa for winter 2021 session in July 2020 and have landed in Canada on 3rd December 2020.

If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer them.
What is the validity of the study permit you got?
And does it include work notes?

soumyasriroy

Oct 7, 2020
Hi,

Other than POE, LOA, and Travel Authorization, did they ask you anything else at Delhi Airport?
What documents are required at immigration in Canada?
What did you mention in your quarantine plan?

Thanks

Reactions: aqibaqib363