+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed in 2007, moving after almost 3 years

slm

Aug 11, 2006
All,

I landed in Canada on June 21st, 2007 and came back to US (job in US).
Planning to visit this month and stay in Canada for next 2 years to maintain my PR.
My PR expires July 13th 2012.

Questions:

1. While I was in US - I had second daughter (US citizen) but not Canadian PR - will it be a issue to enter Canada with her?
2. While in US - I got a new passport - will this create a issue?
3. Will IO at border ask any questions on where I was for last three years and why I'm planning to visit Canada now?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
SLM

imigrate

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
1. While I was in US - I had second daughter (US citizen) but not Canadian PR - will it be a issue to enter Canada with her?
If you want her to stay with you in Canada, you should return to Canada first and start PR sponsorship for her.
Without PR, she can only stay for up to 6 months in Canada. She may also be denied entry due to intent to stay in Canada.
2. While in US - I got a new passport - will this create a issue?
No. Just bring new passport and PR card
3. Will IO at border ask any questions on where I was for last three years and why I'm planning to visit Canada now?
Yes. Just answer truthfully of your reasons and intention.

slm

Aug 11, 2006
Can't I start PR process for dependent from within Canada?
Why will they deny entry if she can get PR in next 6 months?

slm

B

BOBI123

PR delay

Hi friends

I ve applied for PR in Canada about 15 months ago in protected person category.
after so many times calling CIC( immigration office) , they just telling me that i have be waiting,
and they can not tell me how much more.

In general I ve lived in Canada for 4 years.

dose anyone know how should i call to follow up with or how to speed up the proses

my situation is so much tighten up to this, please if you have any info regarding this matter let me PLEASE

PLEASE

thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
slm said:
Can't I start PR process for dependent from within Canada?
Why will they deny entry if she can get PR in next 6 months?

slm
You can take the daughter with you to Canada and most likely since she is visa exempt as a US citizen, they will not ask any questions. If she needed a visa to go to Canada, it could be a bit tricky but that is not an issue here.

Suds

Oct 30, 2009
Hi slm

What happened ...Did u checked IN safely...any questions at POE? please share ur exp?

magiqhand

Oct 7, 2008
I am also interested to know what you end up doing as I will be in a similar situation. Please advise.
Were you able to add your daughter on your health plan ?
Thanks