+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed but still can't get SIN number...

Geeta711

Nov 18, 2018
I went back multiple times to the Service Canada but every time they said it was not confirmed. They told us to apply through paper instead but it has been more than 2 weeks and I am worried that they still need to have the landing confirmed in the system. I transfer within my company so I need to work ASAP. This has been making me really worried :(

Did you get your Sin? How long did it take? I am also facing same issue.

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Did you get your Sin? How long did it take? I am also facing same issue.
It is caused because the border officer who did your landing formality did not update your landing detail in the IRCC system immediately. It happened to my friend who landed in the end April and a week after when she went to apply for SIN number in Service Canada, the staff said my friend's landing information can not be found in their system and hence, she was recommended to apply through paper. About a month after, my friend successfully received her SIN number in her mail. Do not worry too much and hope you will be receiving yours soon.

Reactions: EnthuChap

Ishankohli

Jun 19, 2018
We landed at the Toronto Airport but the system went down at the time so we only had our PR confirmation paper signed without it being entered into the system. After 2-3 weeks and many phone calls, we still haven't been able to get any SIN because they haven't entered yet. I am thinking about going back to the airport to have this resolved. Does anyone have any experience of going back to the Toronto airport or know how to resolve this issue? We need the SIN to work :(
Can you please tell me how you got it resolved?
I'm in the same situation? Thank you so much!!

talukdar8

Apr 15, 2019
Hey did you manage to get your SIN, how long did it take

Hey everyone, My husband just faced the same situation. He landed on 21st Dec 2019 and we went to Service Canada on 27th Dec to get the SIN the agent told us to apply via mail and said it would take around a month to get the SIN, which makes 20 Business Days as per website.

But please share your experience when did u actually get the SIN

Thanks

talukdar8

Apr 15, 2019
not yet still waiting.... please let me know if you get any solution. thanks
Hey everyone, My husband just faced the same situation. He landed on 21st Dec 2019 and we went to Service Canada on 27th Dec to get the SIN the agent told us to apply via mail and said it would take around a month to get the SIN, which makes 20 Business Days as per website.

Thanks

kellwell

Oct 28, 2019
Hello, we just experienced this today. My husband has been in Canada a week, we came via Montreal and we went into apply for his SIN in Manitoba where we live and they said he is "flagged" not sure what that means. But they took all his info and said they would submit it and he would get something in a few weeks. Now we wait.

Aug 1, 2021
Hi guys, I landed to toronto on 9th and facing same issue. I have applied by paper application on same day of landing but whenever I call service Canada they say nothing has changed. I called ircc several times and now they are sending a new study permit so that I can take it to service Canada. What do you think, will the new permit solve my issue?

Aug 1, 2021
Hello, we just experienced this today. My husband has been in Canada a week, we came via Montreal and we went into apply for his SIN in Manitoba where we live and they said he is "flagged" not sure what that means. But they took all his info and said they would submit it and he would get something in a few weeks. Now we wait.
Hi, in how many days you got the SIN

Aug 1, 2021
Hi can someone help in solving this SIN issue. The officer told me it's a validation issue and created a paper application for me. On the other side ircc is sending me a new study permit so that I can give it to Service Canada, will this solve my problem?

Aug 1, 2021

Thanks
Hi, in how many days you got the SIN

Aug 1, 2021

Thanks
Hi were you able to get your SIN