25-Jan-12, meds received line - 19Feb12
Passport Req..
5-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
9-Mar-2012, collected 15-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
May 2012 hopefully....
Hi TMSB,

I landed last week and I am staying here for two weeks and then return to wind things up in my home country before I move here permanently.

My cousins will post me the PR card once it arrives and I hope there will be no problem in that.

I did ask the immigration officer that if I travel before the card arrives then how will I come back. I also have a valid TRV visa and if I can use that. She told me that TRV visa is now invalid as I have become a PR and if i dont receive my PR card then I have to go to Canada high commission and ask for a visa.

Didnt mention anything about part of COPR could be used to come back or not issuing the PR card.

Dont worry. You are a PR now and there is no rule that you cannot leave so soon or your have to move here permanently as soon as you land.

Hope you sort everything out.

TMSB said:
Thanks YTNZ I appreciate it. I think it's important to deal with this as I don't others to do the same and I know many people come here in the first visit just to stamp there passport and then get back home to finalise their commitment and return to Canada later. I think this will not only help me sort my problem outb but also all who are planning to land temporarily in future.