+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed and returned back to USA, Peace Bridge (Fort Erie)

Deeds189

May 14, 2019
Hi All,

I want to share my experience.

Canada POE: Peace Bridge (Fort Erie)
Date of landing : July 16th

At the Entry Toll, We explained to the officer that we are here for landing and handed our passports, the officer asked if we would return to US immediately after landing and we said yes. The officer checked couple of things on his computer and asked our status in USA. Checked our COPRs, handed a yellow slip and all our documents back. Asked us to park our car and head into the CBSA office.

We went inside the building and an officer greeted us and signaled us to the counter. There was no one but us in the office. We handed our passports, yellow slip and our COPR. He asked basic questions regarding our status, what type of qualification I have, where I work and my address to ship the PR card. We also handed out our Goods to Follow copies (2 copies) and photos of the Jewelry. The officer asked to take a seat in order to process all the documents. The officer mentioned that the PR Card will be shipped to the address I provided on the GTF (my friends address). The whole process took about 30 minutes. We were finally called to sign our COPR and a receipt for the GTF was handed back to us. We walked out of the building and headed back into the USA.

There was no question regarding quarantine. I had booked an AIRBNB just in case and cancelled my reservation later.

USA Side:
Visa type: H1B
Officer was very nice and friendly, asked us where we live, where I work, what type of a company it is etc. He scanned our visa's and let us go.

The heavens then POURED!!!!!

Best
Deeds189

sameer318

Mar 16, 2019
Hi All,

I want to share my experience.

Canada POE: Peace Bridge (Fort Erie)
Date of landing : July 16th

At the Entry Toll, We explained to the officer that we are here for landing and handed our passports, the officer asked if we would return to US immediately after landing and we said yes. The officer checked couple of things on his computer and asked our status in USA. Checked our COPRs, handed a yellow slip and all our documents back. Asked us to park our car and head into the CBSA office.

We went inside the building and an officer greeted us and signaled us to the counter. There was no one but us in the office. We handed our passports, yellow slip and our COPR. He asked basic questions regarding our status, what type of qualification I have, where I work and my address to ship the PR card. We also handed out our Goods to Follow copies (2 copies) and photos of the Jewelry. The officer asked to take a seat in order to process all the documents. The officer mentioned that the PR Card will be shipped to the address I provided on the GTF (my friends address). The whole process took about 30 minutes. We were finally called to sign our COPR and a receipt for the GTF was handed back to us. We walked out of the building and headed back into the USA.

There was no question regarding quarantine. I had booked an AIRBNB just in case and cancelled my reservation later.

USA Side:
Visa type: H1B
Officer was very nice and friendly, asked us where we live, where I work, what type of a company it is etc. He scanned our visa's and let us go.

The heavens then POURED!!!!!

Best
Deeds189
Hey one more Q. Did you take your own car OR a rental

pp90032

Jul 16, 2020
What was your CoPR issue and expire date? Looks like soft landing is now not an option? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html
If you’re outside Canada
If you come to Canada, make sure you’re exempt from the travel restrictions. You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re travelling for reasons like:
  • tourism
  • recreation
  • entertainment
  • to finalize your permanent residence application but not settle here yet
These are not valid reasons to come to Canada right now.
So ppl who have got their CoPR after March 18th and not completed travel, can no longer complete the process and come back?