+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lakehead University - Fall 2017

bijo

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Siko said:
Got admission in lakehead in mcs computer science course based for fall17. How's lakehead university for computer science compared to university of windsor and concordia university. Please suggest.
Concordia is much better than lakehead and windsor.
My pick would be : concordia> windsor>lakehead

Siko

Apr 2, 2017
jai3 said:
Hi,

Got admission in MSc - Computer Science!! Have you got any update about the fee structure?

What was your profile ? And did you try any other university?

Siko

Apr 2, 2017
bijo said:
Concordia is much better than lakehead and windsor.
My pick would be : concordia> windsor>lakehead

Bijo, if we see ease of settlement, then at one side there is concordia and on the other side there is lakehead and windsor. In quebec, in jobs, I have heard that they give preference to students who know french. Then what would you suggest? What's the better option?

bijo

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Siko said:
Bijo, if we see ease of settlement, then at one side there is concordia and on the other side there is lakehead and windsor. In quebec, in jobs, I have heard that they give preference to students who know french. Then what would you suggest? What's the better option?
From PR point of view, Quebec is much better option compared to Ontario. With attaining min level of French language proficiency and even without job offer, one can get PR. I got connected with a current concordia student and he told me that people from software background can easily get job in Quebec. So even if you are not proficient in French you can apply for PR. Now coming to university reputation, Concordia has a better name than LU and Windsor and it's a very big univ. So naturally strong alumini and better networking is possible. So in my view, Concordia is a safer bet to anyone especially from cs background. Moreover, competition will be very stiff in Ontario and I don't really think people who are from universities outside Quebec would mind to go to Quebec in search of jobs.

Siko

Apr 2, 2017
bijo said:
From PR point of view, Quebec is much better option compared to Ontario. With attaining min level of French language proficiency and even without job offer, one can get PR. I got connected with a current concordia student and he told me that people from software background can easily get job in Quebec. So even if you are not proficient in French you can apply for PR. Now coming to university reputation, Concordia has a better name than LU and Windsor and it's a very big univ. So naturally strong alumini and better networking is possible. So in my view, Concordia is a safer bet to anyone especially from cs background. Moreover, competition will be very stiff in Ontario and I don't really think people who are from universities outside Quebec would mind to go to Quebec in search of jobs.

Does the name of university really matter in getting jobs unless it's McGill, Ubc or University of Toronto? Does it really make a huge difference if one is a cs masters graduate from concordia or lakehead or windsor? Or ones skills and caliber are more important?

koreanstudent

Jul 29, 2014
@Siko

Concordia>windsor>LH

Concordia is famous with CS but it is Quebec. So second choice should go with Windsor (program and professors are better than LH).

Siko

Apr 2, 2017
bijo said:

If we study in quebec and after studies move to any other province for job, then how about the pr
?

SAURABH.S

Apr 19, 2017
Hi ,

I also got acceptance at lakehead for the MSC computer science but planning to go for ottawa :)

Thank you,
Saurabh

Jun 28, 2017
Hello Guys,

I have accepted my offer at Lakeheqd University for Master of Science fall 2017. I would like to connect with people who have also accepted graduate program at Lakehead ☺. I am from Bangalore, India.

Regards,
Reetu