+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lack of letterheads for banks, companies...Do I explain each?

yellowhornet

Star Member
Feb 4, 2018
I guess people in my country don't put much value in getting customized letterheads.

My banks have machine-print statements in fixed format settings, and bank staff aren't allowed to sign anything otherwise.

Also, a few of my previous employers don't have letterhead either and my reference letter is printed on blank paper, with all required info though (addr, phone #, etc.)

Do I need to explain it in the Letter of Explanation for each individual case? How strict and literal is one to interpret the CIC instructions?

Thanks.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I guess people in my country don't put much value in getting customized letterheads.

My banks have machine-print statements in fixed format settings, and bank staff aren't allowed to sign anything otherwise.

Also, a few of my previous employers don't have letterhead either and my reference letter is printed on blank paper, with all required info though (addr, phone #, etc.)

Do I need to explain it in the Letter of Explanation for each individual case? How strict and literal is one to interpret the CIC instructions?

Thanks.
yes you will need to explain in LOE in case of any deviations from required format. from what ive seen here if the case analyst marks your eligibility as 'review needed' based on your documents, your application can get stuck for months.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017

Thanks.
putting myself in an agent's shoes. if multiple docs don't have letterheads i might be suspicious. the reason is what would stop you from writing them and printing them out? I'd add as many supporting documents as possible. as for the bank, this is shady and i've never seen this before. ask for a 6 month statement instead

yellowhornet

Star Member
Feb 4, 2018
yes you will need to explain in LOE in case of any deviations from required format. from what ive seen here if the case analyst marks your eligibility as 'review needed' based on your documents, your application can get stuck for months.
Thanks. On the note of getting stuck, what are the other reasons that extend people's wait and what can be done to mitigate that?

yellowhornet

Star Member
Feb 4, 2018
putting myself in an agent's shoes. if multiple docs don't have letterheads i might be suspicious. the reason is what would stop you from writing them and printing them out? I'd add as many supporting documents as possible. as for the bank, this is shady and i've never seen this before. ask for a 6 month statement instead
Yeah I get that, but business stamps are the key for validity here, not letterheads. This is filling me with a sense of dread.

I will take your advice, but it's difficult uploading stuff in LOE with the 4MB size limit and 96DPI requirement. I am writing a cover letter for each upload so I can have explanations and notes corresponding to each document. I can only hope that's a good idea.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thanks. On the note of getting stuck, what are the other reasons that extend people's wait and what can be done to mitigate that?
provide proper employment records to support your documentation like payslips, tax forms offer letters etc, make sure funds are a little excess of required amount because of conversion factors, provide proof that they are readily available. rest of the stuff like security screening etc is not in your hands.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Yeah I get that, but business stamps are the key for validity here, not letterheads. This is filling me with a sense of dread.

I will take your advice, but it's difficult uploading stuff in LOE with the 4MB size limit and 96DPI requirement. I am writing a cover letter for each upload so I can have explanations and notes corresponding to each document. I can only hope that's a good idea.
why would it get to 4 MB size. my LOE was two pages on word converted to a PDF. No need to write 10 pages of information. no need for a cover letter, keep things simple and straightforward

Reactions: yellowhornet

yellowhornet

Star Member
Feb 4, 2018
provide proper employment records to support your documentation like payslips, tax forms offer letters etc, make sure funds are a little excess of required amount because of conversion factors, provide proof that they are readily available. rest of the stuff like security screening etc is not in your hands.
Thank you. To prove funds are readily available, would cash deposit suffice? Does one need to convert them in CAD as well?
I mean, as long as it's not in asset form that needs liquidation, it should be fine?