+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lack of information regarding PGP 2019 - who can we contact?

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
There are 27,000 individuals waiting for the first round of PGP 2019 invitations. There's been no information at all on when that might happen. I'm not suggesting they had an obligation to process them by, for example, March 19 just because that's what happened last year, but surely they could tell us what to expect. Is there some oversight office where a complaint can be made? Some other way to get an answer?

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
I think your Member of the Parlament can be the right person to contact. He/she can can ask the Minister about IRCC's plans.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What do you want to complain about? They did the FIFO and they have slowly posted updated forms. They have said the first 20,000 will be selected first. They will announce when the applications are due in the next few weeks to coincide with availability of 2018 tax returns. It has only been 6-7 weeks since the FIFO process.

Reactions: jddd and kwgcda

ritunz_canada

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
There are 27,000 individuals waiting for the first round of PGP 2019 invitations. There's been no information at all on when that might happen. I'm not suggesting they had an obligation to process them by, for example, March 19 just because that's what happened last year, but surely they could tell us what to expect. Is there some oversight office where a complaint can be made? Some other way to get an answer?
Complain to your local mp.
Tag ircc , hon ahmad hussain, hon justin trudeau on facebook or twitter and ask about timeline to process invites. I have done the same.
Repair pgp 2019 group is creating pressure on government so they are holding onto invites to see if a legal case will be filed by group or not?
But thats not fair to delay the invites.

ritunz_canada

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
What do you want to complain about? They did the FIFO and they have slowly posted updated forms. They have said the first 20,000 will be selected first. They will announce when the applications are due in the next few weeks to coincide with availability of 2018 tax returns. It has only been 6-7 weeks since the FIFO process.
Last year it was sent on march 19th. They are just wasting time n weeding out people unnecessary !!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Complain to your local mp.
Tag ircc , hon ahmad hussain, hon justin trudeau on facebook or twitter and ask about timeline to process invites. I have done the same.
Repair pgp 2019 group is creating pressure on government so they are holding onto invites to see if a legal case will be filed by group or not?
But thats not fair to delay the invites.
'
You have no idea when they were originally planning on sending the invites so there is no proof of delay. They are waiting for 2018 tax information to be available. Last year they sent the invites March 19th. You will likely hear in the next week or two just calm own and be patient.

Reactions: kcward7

ritunz_canada

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
'
You have no idea when they were originally planning on sending the invites so there is no proof of delay. They are waiting for 2018 tax information to be available. Last year they sent the invites March 19th. You will likely hear in the next week or two just calm own and be patient.
I am going by last year, invites were sent on march 19th and people had 90 days to file. This year its 60 days and no invites have been sent.
Someone mentioned in the other thread that their known works for ircc and they are weeding people out for simple mistakes.

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
If you're able to provide a link to where this has been published, or even claim inside knowledge, that's would be great. The rest of your post refers to what has already happened and that's not what my concern is about.

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
'
I agree we have no idea what the plan is and that there's absolutely no evidence of a delay. That would also be resolved by them communicating their plan.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I agree we have no idea what the plan is and that there's absolutely no evidence of a delay. That would also be resolved by them communicating their plan.
They have communicated their plan. You are supposed to wait for an invitation. They are likely sorting through any ineligible or duplicate applications. The department also does other things so they may have other things to wrap up. It has only been 6 -7weeks.

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
They have communicated their plan. You are supposed to wait for an invitation. They are likely sorting through any ineligible or duplicate applications. The department also does other things so they may have other things to wrap up. It has only been 6 -7weeks.
Once again, my and many other's concern is not about what's been done so far, or how long it's been, so I really don't know why you keep referring to that. It's only about the lack of communication. They could say something like "Right now we're removing ineligible submissions based on the proof of status document and expect to send the invites on March 25. We will provide an update if that changes". "No comments" is not an update.