+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lack consent of non accompanying parent

Lotus2015

Jan 1, 2015
I asked before but I am re-asking if some one was able to sponsor his/her child without the consent of non-accompanying parent. I am divorced and I have the sole custody and i have documents that shows that I was assaulted and beaten by my ex-husband several times before that's why i got the divorce through court order.

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
We were in a similar, but less serious situation, so I looked into this some. I'll explain our situation and my understanding of things.

My wife has sole custody of my stepdaughter, but it does not preclude visitation rights. If your custody agreement bars all visitation, then you only need to show proof that all obligations under the custody agreement have been met. Otherwise, consent is required (I don't know about physically abusive relationships, and the possibility of legal documentation of this). In our case, rather than wade through the legal system in Cuba to change the custody agreement, it was easier to give the father a "gift" after signed the papers with a loose understanding of the content.

However, please take this with extreme caution, as our application hasn't been processed, and we did submit IMM5604.

Lotus2015

Jan 1, 2015
Mapleson said:
We were in a similar, but less serious situation, so I looked into this some. I'll explain our situation and my understanding of things.

My wife has sole custody of my stepdaughter, but it does not preclude visitation rights. If your custody agreement bars all visitation, then you only need to show proof that all obligations under the custody agreement have been met. Otherwise, consent is required (I don't know about physically abusive relationships, and the possibility of legal documentation of this). In our case, rather than wade through the legal system in Cuba to change the custody agreement, it was easier to give the father a "gift" after signed the papers with a loose understanding of the content.

However, please take this with extreme caution, as our application hasn't been processed, and we did submit IMM5604.
thank you for sharing your experience.