+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)

uyuki314

Apr 26, 2015
Hi all,

I made my express entry profile to obtain PR but my visa expires in July, 2015 so I would be applying for work permit at the same time.
My employer is applying LMIA for me. I have one question about LMIA. Can I use the same LMIA for work permit and PR ? if not, my employer has to apply for different LMIA?

Thank you all.

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Hey

Your employer has to apply for a Dual Intent LMIA which can be used for both Work Permit and also PR

MildredB

Nov 27, 2018
Hi, I hope you can help me.

My sister underwent medical exam and she was told her sputum needs to be cultured which will take three months, and was told to return on Feb 7, 2019 for another x-ray. However, her LMIA expires on Jan 20, 2019? Will this mean she won't obtain her temporary work permit visa because of her medical exam going beyond her LMIA expiration date?

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Since when does a sputum test take 12 wks. Maybe 8 at the very most.
"The test also can show if a lung infection is caused by some other kind of bacteria. A sputum culture can take 1 to 8 weeks to provide results. Rapid sputum tests can tell if a person has TB within 24 hours." WMd
What they may be doing is giving themselves lots of time to write the summaries.

Sam230686

Nov 18, 2018
Hi, I am in canada on temporary visa/Tourist visa, I hold two experiences in two different stream one as a retail sale supervisor in Medical Store and other as a sales executive in a pharmaceutical company in India.My educational background is in pharmacy.Now I am getting offer for LMIA of Retail sale supervisor from an employer who runs a furniture store that deals in selling furniture.I have a question being in Canada on visitor visa/tourist visa Do I qualify for LMIA of Retail sale supervisor in furniture showroom.