+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lab Supervisor NOC Code confusion

Jan 31, 2016
Hi Awesome People,

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year in advance!!

I am a graduate from university of Waterloo in Chemical engineering and have got 17 months of overseas experience and recently have been employed in Canada with a building material and asphalt manufacturing company as a Lab Supervisor. I now intend to apply for EE as i have all the necessary points, however, i am confused about the NOC. My job title is Lab Supervisor and duties are:

Safety Leadership

• Being a safety leader, proactively act in eliminating/controlling risk, and lead and inspire the department by example.
  • Ensure communication of safety requirements as it relates to other site employees.
Operational
  • Quality control through the active testing of raw materials, work in progress and finished goods
  • Design and development of asphalt products to service our customers’ needs (design aggregate skeleton of the various mix types, i.e. Marshall, Superpave, SMA, OGFC, etc.)
  • Responsible for the testing, evaluation and preparation of the above noted mix design types
  • Responsible for the testing and evaluation of asphalt cement rheology properties
  • Assist with a focus on the optimization of mix designs and ensuring production costs are kept to a minimum
  • Work collaboratively with the Operations Manager as well as production staff in various technical functions in the operations
  • Solid team member within the business unit, flexible with regards to hours of work
  • Maintain quality as per specification requirements
  • Accurate and on-time reports
  • Maintain and develop strong working relationship with customers and/or representatives
Personnel
  • Supervise, train, and act as mentor to other asphalt lab technicians within the business unit
  • Develop a positive team environment by promoting the ACE values.
  • Organizes lab manpower to best suit the department’s requirements.
  • Remove any roadblocks to ensure lab employees are working efficiently and effectively.
  • Defines objectives for the lab employees and carry out the necessary performance reviews.
  • Promote quality of work and motivates personnel.
Specific Accountabilities
  • Ensure compliance with all Safety Policies and Regulations
  • Ensure that quality meets specifications and customer expectations
  • Ensure accurate and on-time reporting
  • Ensure that expectations are clearly defined to technicians
Relationship With Other Jobs
  • Reports to Director of Quality for Pave Performance
  • Number of Direct Reports: 3-4
Qualification Profile

Education

• Completion of Chemical Technology or Civil Technical Program preferred
Experience And Skill Set
  • Technically sound in all facets of asphalt hot mix quality control and quality assurance testing
  • Strong working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Word and Power Point
  • Familiar with Occupational Health & Safety requirements and safe work procedures
  • Minimum of three years supervisory experience preferred
  • Believe in continuous improvement and will act accordingly.
  • Have the ability to promote and drive change effectively.
  • Have excellent communication skills.
  • Be a team player, positive and with a can-do attitude.
  • Be able to perform with minimal supervision.
  • Enjoy analyzing situations and making decisions accordingly.
  • Have a friendly and constructive customer service attitude.
  • Have the ability to motivate, energize and inspire teams.
  • Have working knowledge of computer based applications (MS Office, SAP, Kronos, etc.).
  • Have good conflict resolution, coaching and training skills
I believe my NOC falls either in 2211 or 9212 code, however i am confused. My previous job NOC was 4012.

Also, i am enrolled in my masters program (online) which will finish by April 2018 should i use that to gain points in education or go with bachelors at the moment.

Looking forward to your advise!!