Jul 17, 2013
Timeline:
Applied Online: 09 June
PP Request: 3rd July
PP sent to LA: 6th July
PP received at LA: 8th July
USPS return activated : 16 July
Delivered : - 17th July

PS- This is not an LA, I'd sent my PP to NYC but posted abt it so that it helps in some way.
PS- myCIC never sends any notification about posting PP, you may have to keep checking USPS tracking, this is what I did.

viraj2525

Jun 25, 2013
Hello Friends,

I have applied online on MyCIC : July 1st

Hopefully , i will get a pp request by next week.

When i will receive a notification for PP request , Where do i need to send my passport ? I am not sure about this process..... Which office ?? (LA / NY / etc.)

Do they will mention in PP request notification ???

Can you please help me ??

Also,Mailing Service : Which carrier service is best option : -- USPS Priority mail / USPS Express mail / USPS Flat rate envelope

Please let me know ASAP! :)

Thanks ,
Viraj

monica_lodestar

Jun 20, 2013
Applied Online: June 21
PP Request: July 10
PP sent to LA: July 10
PP received at LA: July 11
USPS return activated : July 17
Delivered : July 18

xingzhi

Jul 20, 2013
My timeline after online approval:

Send PP to LA: Jul 6
PP reveived by LA: Jul 8

The fact that many of you guys sent later than me have got PP back made me worried. Anybody have similar timeline with me? Usually LA consulate doesn't take this long...

I stayed in a hotel in South Carolina. When I send PP, I ask nearest post office to hold the return envelop to avoid the risk of lost PP by hotel. But I made mistake by writng return envelop as from "my hotel in South Carolina" to "my nearst post office in South Carolina", which should be from "Consulate in LA" to "my nearst post office in South Carolina".

In this case, will Consulate use my Priority return envelop, or simply first-class? Thanks advance for replies!

masher

Jun 10, 2013
@ xingzhi:

Hi,

I applied online and got the passport request on July 19th. However, I am not sure where to send the passport. Can i send it to either LA or NYC consulate? How did you know to send yours to LA. please reply soon. Thanks!!!

xingzhi

Jul 20, 2013
masher said:
@ xingzhi:

Hi,

I applied online and got the passport request on July 19th. However, I am not sure where to send the passport. Can i send it to either LA or NYC consulate? How did you know to send yours to LA. please reply soon. Thanks!!!
Many people asked this question. The answer is AS YOU LIKE:)
Good luck!

stopby

Jul 24, 2013
Applied Online: July 08
PP Request: July 24
PP sent to LA: July 24
PP received at LA: --
USPS return activated : --
Delivered : --

jamesdunn72

Jul 22, 2013
I didnt apply online.

I sent my application packet to LA on July 12th. No response yet. Hopefully I'll hear back soon as I have a cruise to take to Alaska in mid August :'(

tivark

Jul 22, 2013
online submission confirmation 6/29
Received PP request July 7/25

Wife submitted on same day, has not received PP request.

sarge_in

Jun 21, 2013
My and my wife's final timeline for Transit visas:

5/31 - Submitted online TRV for Transit visa for both of us
6/21 - Request for additional docs received - Employment Letter for me; Employment Letter and proof of funds for my wife
6/21 - Uploaded all docs for both
6/21 - Passport request received for wife, not for me
6/25 - Sent email to LA inquiring about status of my visa. They responded a few days later to contact Ottawa.
6/27 - Sent email to Ottawa inquiring about status of my visa
7/2 - Got back a general response from Ottawa that they will continue processing my application, but cannot say how long it will take.
7/2 - Submitted a new application for my visa with copy of old passport etc.
7/3 - Responded back to their email saying that my wife had already received her passport request and asking if I should send my passport with it too.
7/10 - Got a response to this email saying that the passport request letter (for 1st application) had been sent to my CIC account. I think the email I sent helped as they responded to the email as well the same day I got my passport request email.
7/17 - Got PP request for 2nd application as well - of course, I did not have to use this.
7/20 - PP sent to LA
7/22 - PP received at LA
7/24 - USPS return activated
7/25 - PP received

A lot to go through for a simple transit visa. If I had known about all this earlier, I would have chose a different route.
But at least I received a response to all my emails, and LA final stamping was very quick (2 days). 2nd application got approved pretty quickly as well (15 days).

jamesdunn72

Jul 22, 2013
any one getting their passports back from LA? I sent mine on the 12th and my cashiers check hasnt been encashed yet. Is there an email address/phone number that I can use to contact the canadian consulate to get an update?

viraj2525

Jun 25, 2013
Is there an email address/phone number that I can use to contact the canadian consulate to get an update?

please please let us know ??