+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LA Passport Turn Around Time

meng5656

Apr 23, 2013
Dbs said:
Finally received my passport :) :) :). End of an excruciating and agonizing long 5-6 weeks wait.. visited LA consulate yesterday and collected stamped passports in-person.. they returned all other documents along with return USPS express envelop that had sent last week.. My experience at LA consulate was great and I got much needed cooperation and help at this hour of need.. thanks to the lady at the counter and the support staff there.. Since I had not received any update from them even after 10-11 days of sending my passports for stamping, I decided to fly and meet them in person.. at the end it bore fruit and I must say it was worth it..all well that ends well..

Thank you all of you for providing your inputs and sharing your experience at each stage as we moved along the entire process.. wishing luck to those who are yet to receive approvals and stamped passports..
Congratulations to Dbs :)! Did you fly there directly without any appointment with the consulate? congratulations to dovefeng and guro as well! Hope my application can get approved soon.

gates2012

May 1, 2013
Dbs said:
Oh, yes that could be dovenfeng :) I was probably the last one to be allowed to enter.. after 10.. as my flight got delayed.. and collected my passport in the afternoon at 2:30.. when did you collect yours?
Hi Dbs,

Congratulations. Can you provide some more information on whom to contact when visiting LA office. Did you contact them before?
Are we allowed to receive passport personally?

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
Thanks meng5656 and gates2012..

Yes, I went there directly without taking any prior appointment..since my tracking number didn't get activated till Thursday eod and my travel plan is early next week, I decided to take the next day early morning flight and went directly to consulate. I explained them my problem and was asked to come in the afternoon to pick up my passport.

meng5656

Apr 23, 2013
Dbs said:
Thanks meng5656 and gates2012..

Yes, I went there directly without taking any prior appointment..since my tracking number didn't get activated till Thursday eod and my travel plan is early next week, I decided to take the next day early morning flight and went directly to consulate. I explained them my problem and was asked to come in the afternoon to pick up my passport.
So it turned out they already stamped your passport but just kept holding it? :(

phantira29

Apr 22, 2013
I have not received any request yet. I submitted mine online and I live in NY. I contacted the consulate in Ottawa because I forgot one document. They replied me back that they didn't know how long they would process my application. I hope that I will get the visa before my trip in July.

meng5656

Apr 23, 2013
phantira29 said:
I have not received any request yet. I submitted mine online and I live in NY. I contacted the consulate in Ottawa because I forgot one document. They replied me back that they didn't know how long they would process my application. I hope that I will get the visa before my trip in July.
I think you will be fine since you have about 2 months.

Anushka92

May 9, 2013
Hey guys...I sent my TRV by mail to the LA consulate on April the 11th 2013 and still nothing.I had a flight today but missed it due to no visa.
My cashiers cheque was cashed on April the 25th...
Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes?
And if your cheque has been cashed does that mean you will get the visa for sure.
Need advice...thanks!!!

Anushka92

May 9, 2013
1000wind said:
LA office sent me an email says that my visa has been issued and passport had been sent out. And my tracking number is activated.
It seems that they'll reply to the fax query. I emailed them last week but got no response.
timeline:
paper application submitted:April 2nd
passport returned: May 2nd (not received yet)

Hope you guys get your passports soon!

Congrats...I also sent a paper application On April 11th...Do you know what date you cashiers cheque was cashed??

mmomidi

Apr 18, 2013
I want to share my timelines and it may be helpful and give hope for the people waiting status update / stamped passport return status

Applied Online - 04/01/2013
Request letter for Passport - 5/2/2013
Sent Passport to LA Consulate (Fedex Overnight) - 5/2/2013
LA Consulate received Passport - 5/3/2013
USPS Retrun Shipment (Stamped Passports) Activated - 5/15/2013
Expected to receive package with Stamped Passports as per USPS - 5/16/2013 (TBD)

All the best...!!!

Anushka92

May 9, 2013
mmomidi said:
I want to share my timelines and it may be helpful and give hope for the people waiting status update / stamped passport return status

Applied Online - 04/01/2013
Request letter for Passport - 5/2/2013
Sent Passport to LA Consulate (Fedex Overnight) - 5/2/2013
LA Consulate received Passport - 5/3/2013
USPS Retrun Shipment (Stamped Passports) Activated - 5/15/2013
Expected to receive package with Stamped Passports as per USPS - 5/16/2013 (TBD)

All the best...!!!

when was your cheque cashed?congratssss btw!!!!

meng5656

Apr 23, 2013
I want to share my timeline:

Online application submitted: April 19th

Passport request: May 7th

Passport received by LA consulate: May 8th

Passport mailed out from LA consulate: May 15th

Passport received: May 16th