+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LA Passport Turn Around Time

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
lzq5010 said:
yes, I do. I think they require us to write EAPP. Do you have any updates, Dbs?
No, I think I know why is so. I missed to write EAPP and hence it may be lying in the general queue for processing (along with paper applications) :-( Whenever my turns come, they will realize and process (just stamp) and send..

meng5656

Apr 23, 2013
Dbs said:
No, I think I know why is so. I missed to write EAPP and hence it may be lying in the general queue for processing (along with paper applications) :-( Whenever my turns come, they will realize and process (just stamp) and send..
Dbs, may I ask what EAPP means? Thanks.

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
meng5656 said:
Dbs, may I ask what EAPP means? Thanks.
e-Apps..this means you have applied online.. that is how the consulate know that your application has already been approved and you have sent it for stamping purpose only.. otherwise they will think it's paper application and they will put it in queue till they finally open your mail and realize that it's already been approved and they have to just do the stamping.. but by that time you have already lost 3-4 weeks as your application moves slowly in the queue along with other applications..

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
lzq5010 said:
yes, I do. I think they require us to write EAPP. Do you have any updates, Dbs?
I tried, all means.. online query submission, mail and fax.. no use.. I may have to withdraw my passports and re-submit to EAPP.. that may be faster I believe..

meng5656

Apr 23, 2013
Dbs said:
e-Apps..this means you have applied online.. that is how the consulate know that your application has already been approved and you have sent it for stamping purpose only.. otherwise they will think it's paper application and they will put it in queue till they finally open your mail and realize that it's already been approved and they have to just do the stamping.. but by that time you have already lost 3-4 weeks as your application moves slowly in the queue along with other applications..
Thanks a lot Dbs, hope you will get your visa soon.

1000wind

May 2, 2013
LA office sent me an email says that my visa has been issued and passport had been sent out. And my tracking number is activated.
It seems that they'll reply to the fax query. I emailed them last week but got no response.
timeline:
paper application submitted:April 2nd
passport returned: May 2nd (not received yet)

Hope you guys get your passports soon!

meng5656

Apr 23, 2013
1000wind said:
LA office sent me an email says that my visa has been issued and passport had been sent out. And my tracking number is activated.
It seems that they'll reply to the fax query. I emailed them last week but got no response.
timeline:
paper application submitted:April 2nd
passport returned: May 2nd (not received yet)

Hope you guys get your passports soon!
1000wind, Congratulations!

dovefeng

Apr 21, 2013
I collected my passport in person in LA office this morning! I took an overnight fast train to get there, but finally I have it in my hand, and the end of the whole nightmare canada visa experience.

guro

Feb 21, 2013
Finally, My tracking number activated last night around 7.00pm and My passport will be here today at noon.

My time line:
Paper application submitted 03/28/2013
Received LA office 04/01/2013
Tracking # activated 05/03/2013

Thank you all for being with me this entire disgusting waiting time period and I hope you all get visa very soon. :-*

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
Finally received my passport :) :) :). End of an excruciating and agonizing long 5-6 weeks wait.. visited LA consulate yesterday and collected stamped passports in-person.. they returned all other documents along with return USPS express envelop that had sent last week.. My experience at LA consulate was great and I got much needed cooperation and help at this hour of need.. thanks to the lady at the counter and the support staff there.. Since I had not received any update from them even after 10-11 days of sending my passports for stamping, I decided to fly and meet them in person.. at the end it bore fruit and I must say it was worth it..all well that ends well..

Thank you all of you for providing your inputs and sharing your experience at each stage as we moved along the entire process.. wishing luck to those who are yet to receive approvals and stamped passports..

dovefeng

Apr 21, 2013
Dbs said:
Finally received my passport :) :) :). End of an excruciating and agonizing long 5-6 weeks wait.. visited LA consulate yesterday and collected stamped passports in-person.. they returned all other documents along with return USPS express envelop that had sent last week.. My experience at LA consulate was great and I got much needed cooperation and help at this hour of need.. thanks to the lady at the counter and the support staff there.. Since I had not received any update from them even after 10-11 days of sending my passports for stamping, I decided to fly and meet them in person.. at the end it bore fruit and I must say it was worth it..all well that ends well..

Thank you all of you for providing your inputs and sharing your experience at each stage as we moved along the entire process.. wishing luck to those who are yet to receive approvals and stamped passports..
Hey Dbs, you were at the LA office yesterday? I was there to collect my passport too! We were probably sitting in the same room for a while. Congratulations to everybody who finally got their passport back!

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
dovefeng said:
Hey Dbs, you were at the LA office yesterday? I was there to collect my passport too! We were probably sitting in the same room for a while. Congratulations to everybody who finally got their passport back!
Oh, yes that could be dovenfeng :) I was probably the last one to be allowed to enter.. after 10.. as my flight got delayed.. and collected my passport in the afternoon at 2:30.. when did you collect yours?