+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LA Passport Turn Around Time

dovefeng

Apr 21, 2013
This is frustrated! I got an email from the LA office regarding my email asking about my passport. They said I did not include a return envelope. But I swear I did and it is with regular $19.9 stamp (not a metered stamp). Any one can think of anything reason they refused to use my return envelope?

FYI, I am just copying the email I received from them below:

Dear Sir/Madam,

A decision has been made and your passports and documents are ready to be mailed out however you did not provide a prepaid return envelope.

As stated on our website (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/los_angeles/visas/apply-how_a_demande-comment.aspx?lang=eng&view=d#mail):

The visa office will not return documents using any commercial courier company.

Please be advised if you do not include an acceptable return envelope, the Consulate will return passports and documents via US Postal Service First Class Mail (average delivery time is 5 - 7 days with no tracking number). The Consulate is not responsible for any passports or documents lost in the mail
Please send a new self-addressed United States Postal Service/ USPS Express Mail flat rate envelope with the correct postage stamp affixed. Metered postage is unacceptable.
Keep a record of the tracking number on the USPS Express Mail label so that you can track delivery of the envelope at www.USPS.com.
If you do not provide an acceptable return envelope, the visa office will mail your passports and original documents via regular mail with no tracking number.

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
Send them the tracking number of your return mail. They must have lost it. This is indeed frustrating.

meng5656

Apr 23, 2013
dovefeng said:
This is frustrated! I got an email from the LA office regarding my email asking about my passport. They said I did not include a return envelope. But I swear I did and it is with regular $19.9 stamp (not a metered stamp). Any one can think of anything reason they refused to use my return envelope?

FYI, I am just copying the email I received from them below:

Dear Sir/Madam,

A decision has been made and your passports and documents are ready to be mailed out however you did not provide a prepaid return envelope.

As stated on our website (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/los_angeles/visas/apply-how_a_demande-comment.aspx?lang=eng&view=d#mail):

The visa office will not return documents using any commercial courier company.

Please be advised if you do not include an acceptable return envelope, the Consulate will return passports and documents via US Postal Service First Class Mail (average delivery time is 5 - 7 days with no tracking number). The Consulate is not responsible for any passports or documents lost in the mail
Please send a new self-addressed United States Postal Service/ USPS Express Mail flat rate envelope with the correct postage stamp affixed. Metered postage is unacceptable.
Keep a record of the tracking number on the USPS Express Mail label so that you can track delivery of the envelope at www.USPS.com.
If you do not provide an acceptable return envelope, the visa office will mail your passports and original documents via regular mail with no tracking number.
Sorry to hear that. That office is so irresponsible and inefficient!

dovefeng

Apr 21, 2013
Dbs said:
Send them the tracking number of your return mail. They must have lost it. This is indeed frustrating.
They said I can go there and collect in person. So I guess the last thing I can do is pay $400 for airline ticket and collect my passport, and I will have it back tomorrow.

lzq5010

Apr 23, 2013
Dovefeng, try to ask them if you can let your friend in LA representing you to collect your passport, and ask your friend to send your passport to you. That will save $400 air ticket fee.

1000wind

May 2, 2013
I mailed my application on April 1st and LA office received it on April 2nd, I'm still waiting for my passport.
I'm supposed to travel to Canada on May 14th, is it possible that I can get my passport back at that time?

mmomidi

Apr 18, 2013
Dbs said:
Dbs,

I have applied online on 4/1/2013 and today 5/2/2013 I received request for Passpost. I am planning to send LA to below address considering the LA faster compared to NY. Do you know what is process time for LA now? I am planning to send my passport and my wife's passport in same package (FedEx over night) along with two letters sent by CIC. Expected to receive them in one USPS Express Flat rate cover with stamp. Is this fine, should take care of any thing else. pls advise.

To
EAPP
Consulate General of Canada
Visa Section
550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
Yes, you got everything right. Your passport, letter from CIC and self addresses return envelope on USPS express mail is all that you need to send. Good luck!

lzq5010

Apr 23, 2013
I think no one knows the exactly time to get back passport. I strongly suggests you to send your passport as soon as you receive the request to either office.

lzq5010

Apr 23, 2013
Finally, my tracking No. is activated tonight.
Applied on line.
Application Submitted on Mar. 30th,
Requested for sending Passport on Apr.23
Passport received by LA on Apr.24
Tracking No. activated on May 2nd
Estimated receiving date: May 4th by 3pm(USPS says)

Hope you guys can get your visa soon :)

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
lzq5010 said:
Finally, my tracking No. is activated tonight.
Applied on line.
Application Submitted on Mar. 30th,
Requested for sending Passport on Apr.23
Passport received by LA on Apr.24
Tracking No. activated on May 2nd
Estimated receiving date: May 4th by 3pm(USPS says)

Hope you guys can get your visa soon :)
Great..congratulations! I guess you mentioned 'EAPP' at the top of the address, right?