subhrnsupani said:
I received my passport with VIsa stamped today. My timelines are

Online Application: 18th March
Passport Requested: 7th April
sent passport to LA Office on : 8th April
Passport received on : 9th April
Passport posted by LA consulate: 16th April
Passport received back: 17th April

Thanks a lot to everyone for your help with the information at various stages. All the best to others waiting for VISA.
Congrats subhrnsupani

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
subhrnsupani said:
I received my passport with VIsa stamped today. My timelines are

Online Application: 18th March
Passport Requested: 7th April
sent passport to LA Office on : 8th April
Passport received on : 9th April
Passport posted by LA consulate: 16th April
Passport received back: 17th April

Thanks a lot to everyone for your help with the information at various stages. All the best to others waiting for VISA.
Congrats subhrnsupani.. and thanks for sharing your timeline. I think they have again slowed down on processing on line applications.. I submitted on 3/25 and till now no news. It's so frustrating. I have planned my travel around end of this month and looks like I've to reschedule.

Anyone applied online in the week of 3/25 and received request to send passport?

Senika

Apr 11, 2013
Congrats subhrnsupani

you are lucky mine was applied in-person in NYC on 11th march--No news yet :-(

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
Dbs said:
Congrats subhrnsupani.. and thanks for sharing your timeline. I think they have again slowed down on processing on line applications.. I submitted on 3/25 and till now no news. It's so frustrating. I have planned my travel around end of this month and looks like I've to reschedule.

Anyone applied online in the week of 3/25 and received request to send passport?
I applied one week before (18th or 19th) and got my request like.. 10 days ago (just sent the passport).

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
scrls5 said:
I applied one week before (18th or 19th) and got my request like.. 10 days ago (just sent the passport).
Yes, and that is why I was expecting them to ask for my passport by now.. not sure why again this delay.. I fear it might take a month..

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
Dbs said:
Yes, and that is why I was expecting them to ask for my passport by now.. not sure why again this delay.. I fear it might take a month..
Forgot to ask, did you applied online ? Or in person?

Senika

Apr 11, 2013
Hi Folks

I like to Share my timeline for TRV

3/11/2013 -Applied for TRV in-person NYC
3/16/2013- TRV stamped
3/17/2013- Dispatched from NYC
3/18/2013- Morning 8 AM i have received the Passport with Stamped Visa

Congrats for those who already received their passports and All the very best for those awaiting for Passport

Thanks!

Senika

Apr 11, 2013
Hi Folks

Re-posting with updated timeline

I like to Share my timeline for TRV

3/11/2013 -Applied for TRV in-person NYC
4/16/2013- TRV stamped
4/17/2013- Dispatched from NYC
4/18/2013- Morning 8 AM i have received the Passport with Stamped Visa

Congrats for those who already received their passports and All the very best for those awaiting for Passport

Thanks!

mmomidi

Apr 18, 2013
1) Submitted my online application on 01-Apr-2013 and still did not here back on this. Did anyone received approvals asking to send passports?

2) I am located in Minneaplois, MN, so how do i know that whether my application processed by which Canada office (LA, NY or any offlice located in Canada)?

3) Submitted application for my self and my wife, looks like they created two application numbers, so when they requesting to send passports, can send them together in package and also send only one retun pacakge?

4) Can we use FedEx instead of USPS for sending Passports and geting passports back, just to make quicker?

mmomidi

Apr 18, 2013
Dbs said:
Hi Dbs,

Looks like your online app submission date (3/25/2013) close to my submission date (4/1/2013), did you get any updates on your case? Again how do you know that is it LA office processing your application? Since this may tell us the processing times by office

Thanks

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
mmomidi said:
Hi Dbs,

Looks like your online app submission date (3/25/2013) close to my submission date (4/1/2013), did you get any updates on your case? Again how do you know that is it LA office processing your application? Since this may tell us the processing times by office

Thanks
No, no news yet. It's around 24 days now and I'm still waiting.. I think online applications can be processed from any location though I read somewhere that it's being done at Ottawa only. Not sure. While sending your passports, you can send it either to LA or NY.

mmomidi

Apr 18, 2013
Dbs said:
No, no news yet. It's around 24 days now and I'm still waiting.. I think online applications can be processed from any location though I read somewhere that it's being done at Ottawa only. Not sure. While sending your passports, you can send it either to LA or NY.
Thanks for quick response. Does we have choice to send passport to LA or NY even if online applications processed by Ottawa office? Or should we specfic in the latter where to send passports? I hope LA is quicker based on what i see in this forum.

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
mmomidi said:
Thanks for quick response. Does we have choice to send passport to LA or NY even if online applications processed by Ottawa office? Or should we specfic in the latter where to send passports? I hope LA is quicker based on what i see in this forum.
I, myself have not seen the letter, so not sure whether it would specifically ask to send to a particular consulate, but what I understand from some of the posts in this forum is that you have a choice where to send.

mmomidi

Apr 18, 2013
Dbs said:
I, myself have not seen the letter, so not sure whether it would specifically ask to send to a particular consulate, but what I understand from some of the posts in this forum is that you have a choice where to send.
Thank you Dbs, that really helps