+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LA Passport Turn Around Time

newbie18

Jun 13, 2013
my question to all those reading here is...when do we buy our tickets? if we wait..we pay thru our nose and if we buy, we lose it all. i had even bought expedia insurance on my tickets, but apparently they dont care about visa delay issue. they only refund if u die, or in a traffic accident, quarantines, hijacked, jury or court order. :(
so many lessons learnt at one go!!

crydso

May 23, 2013
I feel your pain as well...

I have sent multiple emails, fax...just yesterday I sent them an express mail envelope with a letter pleading to return my passport.

So, I'm not sure what other choice I have left.

newbie18

Jun 13, 2013
OMG...they have ur passport!! i didnt read it right earlier. they havent even requested mine yet. currently they are on strike. this is like the scariest process in history ever for me!

newbie18

Jun 13, 2013
crydso - u can go to the consulate wherever u sent it personally and look for the passport yourself. just tell them about it..and they would all search for it. [thats what one of my friend did when the consulate finally said, we dont have it here.]

newbie18

Jun 13, 2013
crydso..if u go to the cic website, click on processing times on left, then choose visitor in the drop down.
you will see the yellow bar saying..strike alert!

crydso

May 23, 2013
I live in Dallas, don't have time to take the trip ..... can go on the weekend, but they are closed....

I just read that they went on strike June 11th, my passport was received by them April 22nd, 13, they cashed my check on May 10th....logically should have processed my case weeks ago....you would think, right...

newbie18

Jun 13, 2013
same here.. if they had at least requested passport, and allowed me to come personally to get teh stamping done, i wud have still gone...since i am losing 2k in flight tickets :( but they dont communicate. its too late anyways for me to even hold hope now. all money gone!

yzzz

Jun 19, 2013
My timeline:

5/23 Submitted TRV application via MyCIC
6/13 Notified with passport request; Mailed passport using USPS Express Mail to LA Consulate
6/14(Friday) Passport received by LA Consulate
6/19(the following Wednesday) Return package tracking number activated

Expecting to receive the returned passport tomorrow or Friday...

Good luck to all applicants!

sarge_in

Jun 21, 2013
My and my wife's timeline:

5/31 - Submitted online TRV for Transit visa
6/21 - Request for additional docs received - Employment Letter for me; Employment Letter and proof of funds for my wife
6/21 - Uploaded all docs for both
6/21 - Passport request received for wife, not for me yet

Assuming I get my passport request soon too, is it ok to send both passports in a single envelope with one return envelope? Or separate envelopes for each passport?

Also, anyone used Priority Mail instead of Express Mail? Being in LA, I would rather save the amount as they will both take the same time for us.

crydso

May 23, 2013
Hi All:
I just got my passport after 67 days.....of course with the Visa!

Anyone who is waiting for their passport, I would like say 'Have the Faith'...Even though I missed my family gathering -- the reason I applied for the visa....but I'm still going to go!

Here's my time line
Consulate received passport = April 22nd, 13
Passport delivered to me = June 28th, 13

Good to all worried and concerned applicants!

arunsrivat87

Jun 17, 2013
Timeline (I live in Michigan):

Applied Online: 31 May
PP Request: 21 Jun
PP sent to LA: 21 Jun
PP received at LA: 24 Jun
USPS return activated : 27 Jun
Delivered : 28 Jun

sumitnagal

Jun 14, 2013
timeline