+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LA Passport submission process after Nov 1, 2018

ultron

Apr 30, 2018
Please help here :

What to fill in the TT form for :

Applicants wishing to provide biometrics OR Applicants NOT wishing to provide biometrics?

I had already given my biometrics and i was being asked to submit my passport to VAC.

I am planning to visit Los Angeles VAC to submit my passport and hence, from the above post, I understood to carry the following :

1) Passport
2) Passport submission letter
3) Filled TT form. (help me with my above confusion)
4) I am planning to pay in cash (or by credit card) 19.9$
5) For the return Envelop, Can I use FedEx? or do I need to stick with USPS / UPS?
6) Am I missing anything here?

Thanks a lot in advance for the help!!

lazyme

Nov 7, 2018
Check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp to know if you have to give biometrics. I am in the US on H1-B and I did not have to. So you most likely won't have to if you have given earlier.

Documents seem fine. You can't use Fedex as far as I know. At least that was the case when I filed in November last year. They asked me to stick to UPS.

ultron

Apr 30, 2018
Check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp to know if you have to give biometrics. I am in the US on H1-B and I did not have to. So you most likely won't have to if you have given earlier.

Documents seem fine. You can't use Fedex as far as I know. At least that was the case when I filed in November last year. They asked me to stick to UPS.
Thanks lazyme for the info! Btw how much turnaround time?

Also, I am in US and planning to move in Vancouver in coming months. Do you also have a plan anytime soon?

lazyme

Nov 7, 2018
Thanks lazyme for the info! Btw how much turnaround time?

Also, I am in US and planning to move in Vancouver in coming months. Do you also have a plan anytime soon?
It took about 2 weeks to get back my passport. I don't have any plans to move yet. Good luck with your move!

Toronto112019

Apr 22, 2019
Guys need some input,
I have a outland application at LA, USA
I applied for my wife PR and finally got PPR for my wife and my new born son.

I sent my passports for stamping to LA-USA embassy with pre-paid envelope.
Its been 4 weeks the package has been received by the embassy, I have not received any confirmation.

I have raised a query using online form on CIC and haven't received any response.
Does this take this long?

Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

lazyme

Nov 7, 2018
Guys need some input,

Its been 4 weeks the package has been received by the embassy, I have not received any confirmation.

I have raised a query using online form on CIC and haven't received any response.

Usually doesn't take that long. Have you received any emails from them? Did you try contacting the VFS helpline?

OldRum

Dec 22, 2018
Hi Guys,

Can I submit my passport in person to the LA VFS office? Can someone pls outline the checklist of documents and the amount needed for the LA VFS facility?

yamile9172

Nov 11, 2018
Guys need some input,

Hi I sent my passport 2 weeks ago. PLEASE let me know your timeline to get it back and when did they receive your passport in their office in LA.
Thanks a lot!

rg8019

Jul 25, 2019
Do we need send money order for 4X19.90 USD for 4 passports or single envelope with 4 passports and $19.90 money order?