+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LA Office has passport for stamping visas, but no response/status change yet

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Hi folks,

My girlfriend's saga continues: Her passport + documents were received by the LA office on July 30, 2012, i.e. a month ago. With the PPR, she was congratulated as her application is now complete. Thus, she sent her passport, photos, etc., and is still waiting! We called the Canadian bank where she got her bank draft from and the draft is still outstanding. This probably means that the LA Office is yet to open her envelope! We sent an email to the LA Office, but no answer yet.

Based on your experiences, how long does the LA Office take to return the passports with the COPR and counterfoil? It's been a month already, should we be prepared to wait any longer?

Thanks!

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
It seems to be taking about 2-3 months lately. It really varies from one person to another with no apparent reason..

Rod

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Thanks! That's seriously flawed and weird... Really.

The problem is that my girlfriend's current visitor status expires late October, and we sincerely the LA office sends the documents before then...

shuhash

Star Member
May 21, 2010
Empirical-Scientist said:
Thanks! That's seriously flawed and weird... Really.

The problem is that my girlfriend's current visitor status expires late October, and we sincerely the LA office sends the documents before then...
its been over a month for me as well.. after submitting our passports la office sent me email yesterday saying they are missing my sons medical .. haha .. we did our medicals together . not sure how did they miss one ...

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
In our case, they received my girlfriend's medicals and then requested her passport. So far, we are assuming they didn't lose any documents. However, anything could be expected... The problem is that her visitor's visa extension expires end of October. I wonder what happens if she has to wait until then or after then, in which case she would have to leave Canada. What options could we have if that's the case?

lhr_montreal

Nov 7, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
(Islamabad) Now London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In our case, they received my girlfriend's medicals and then requested her passport. So far, we are assuming they didn't lose any documents. However, anything could be expected... The problem is that her visitor's visa extension expires end of October. I wonder what happens if she has to wait until then or after then, in which case she would have to leave Canada. What options could we have if that's the case?
Firstly dont worry You will get your PPs back in couple of weeks. And secondly ask some lawyer in US for the extension of visitors visa.
Best of luck

vinod bhugra

Star Member
May 3, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-feb-2011
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
14-04-11
Med's Request
20TH AUG 2012
Med's Done....
30TH AUG 2012
Interview........
waived
hello every one ,,, i got MR, APPLICATION FORM 1M0008, TRAVEL HISTORY FORM from london visa office DATED: 20th aug 2012 ,,,THEY DID NOT ASK FOR PCC {DONT KNOW WHY ??} NOW I M IN INDIA ,TODAY I WENT FOR MEDICAL TO DMP BUT HE ADVISED ME THAT THEY CANT SEND MEDICAL TO LONDON VISA OFFICE ,THEY WILL SEND MEDICAL TO DELHI RMO ,, HE ALSO SHOWED ME THE EMAIL FROM " MEDICAL DEPARTMENT DELHI, CANADA HIGH COMMISSION THE MAIL DATED 18TH JUNE 2012 WAS WRITTEN LIKE " DEAR PANEL PHYSICIANS, IT IS A GENTLE REMINDER THAT ALL IME IRRESPECTIVE TO THERE VISA OFFICES SHOULD BE FORWArDED to RMO NEW DELHI " SO I DID MEDICAL AS DMP SAID TODAY [30TH AUG } .....WILL IT EFFECT ON MY CASE ??/? SHOULD I SEND A EMAIL TO LONDON VISA OFFICE REGARDING THIS???

REGARRDS
vinod kumar

jaykay

Feb 24, 2012
So, the LA office got back to us (kindly enough), affirming that the passport shall be mailed within the next two weeks...
That's a relief!!...I sent mine on July30th too received on July 31st with money order still pending to be cashed. What's surprising is if you took the passport in person you get it back same day but mail it in and it takes them over a month to do the same job...very efficient

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
I guess they're overwhelmed with transferred files... But you probably should be getting it in 2-3 weeks, too, if logic serves the LA office well...

Roxringfoq

Sep 7, 2012
So, the LA office got back to us (kindly enough), affirming that the passport shall be mailed within the next two weeks...
Hi,

Did you check bank whether the money order is cashed by the visa office

jaykay

Feb 24, 2012
Yes. Also, the status was changed to "Decision Made" today. We should be receiving the documents in 2-3 weeks...
i got a similar status update too. The 2-3 weeks for pp return feels too long

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Well, they usually batch up a bunch before sending them out. And since they didn't accept Xpresspost services, it'll take 6-10 days to arrive from LA to Canada...