+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Korean Police Certificate -- ILLEGAL document

cha'

Feb 14, 2022
Hello, I used https://askkorealaw.com/2018/03/26/korean-criminal-investigation-records-check-reply/

I had my first contact with Me Chung on Jan 24, 2022.
The next day, I received instruction on what he needed to start the procedure:
- passport copy (used while being in Korea)
- current address/phone number,
- past Korean Alien Registration Number (if the applicant can remember),
- past Korean address (only if the applicant can remember),
- power of attorney forms (that was provided after paiement)

The proceeding fee was from 350 USD to 450 USD and need to be sent before you can get the power of attorney files to fill. I sent the fee via WISE. And chose the 1 day option (there is a 7-day option)

The power of attorney docs + Korean Criminal (Investigation) Records Check Reply (범죄· 수사경력 회보서) application doc are :
1. Power of attorney (Immigration Check): (for Korean Police to verify that you are abroad at the time of application)
2. Power of attorney (entry): (for ward office to get access to your entry/exit check.)
3. Application for Criminal Record
4. Power of attorney (Criminal Record Check) (for Korean Police)

On Jan 28th. 2022, I received the document. On the same day I submitted it and my working permit (EIC) was accepted.

IMPORTANT: before submitting this document I tried submitting the simple police certificate (nb: no records was clearly written) + a paper written by the Korean consul explaining that the document asked by IRCC isn't given to foreigner and is illegal to use for immigration purpose -- no need to tell you that I was still asked to submit the "with lapsed record" police certificate. I felt really bad having to go to this length to get the asked paper.

I'm very thanksful to Me Chung !
I hope my comment on the proceeding, reassured you guys! I took "a chance" and I'm glad I did.

vttan

Feb 20, 2022
Hello everyone,

I also have the same problem. Please help me with the email contents you had. I would appreciate a lot about your help.
My email address is vttan22@gmail.com. Thank you.

Zjeed

Jun 3, 2022
Same problem, got the police certificate from Korea before leaving Seoul, and now it's refused by Canada immigration..

I'm in Vancouver so I'll see with the letter from consulate if it helps, don't want to pay 500USD to get this done :(

Zjeed

Jun 3, 2022
Alright, after trying what you guys suggested I received my "Ready for Visa" letter, looks like it worked !

Here is the explanation later I gave and worked for June 2022 Express Entry - Korean Police certificate :

I attached this letter and the Police certificate from Korea that got rejected on the 1st try.

Reactions: Wanny90