+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

KITCHENER PASSPORT OFFICE

AkinwaleFemi

Mar 21, 2018
Hey Tribe!
Please can anyone who has recently been to Kitchener passport office share their experiences on wait times, processing time etc. I'm trying to apply for my passport after getting my citizenship certificate.
Thanks

Yettyadefaye

Aug 27, 2017
Hi,
From what I have read in other threads and my personal experience, kitchener passport office is one of the best. My family and I ( 2 adults, 2 kids) applied April 26th. We got there around 6:20am and was no 8 on the queue. Office opened at 8:30am and by 9:45 we were out of there. Our application was standard and the lady that attended to us said mail out date will be May 10th to be delivered May 13th but to our pleasant surprise, 3 got be delivered by May 6th via Canada Post. The 4th one got delivered today May 9th. Overall, very efficient process. All the best!

Reactions: AkinwaleFemi

AkinwaleFemi

Mar 21, 2018
Hi,
From what I have read in other threads and my personal experience, kitchener passport office is one of the best. My family and I ( 2 adults, 2 kids) applied April 26th. We got there around 6:20am and was no 8 on the queue. Office opened at 8:30am and by 9:45 we were out of there. Our application was standard and the lady that attended to us said mail out date will be May 10th to be delivered May 13th but to our pleasant surprise, 3 got be delivered by May 6th via Canada Post. The 4th one got delivered today May 9th. Overall, very efficient process. All the best!
Thanks @Yettyadefaye

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Hi,
that is good. I applied in person today. It’s very long waiting about 3 hours in-line. Then entered the office, the lady took my application and said it’s complete and you don’t need to wait for an officer. She took it and gave me application number. She told me you didn’t need to wait for another two hours inside. That is good save my time.In general, yes the office is efficient and welcome happy with very nice treatment.
She said 10 days processing time plus express delivery.

waterlooengineer

Mar 13, 2018
that is good. I applied in person today. It’s very long waiting about 3 hours in-line. Then entered the office, the lady took my application and said it’s complete and you don’t need to wait for an officer. She took it and gave me application number. She told me you didn’t need to wait for another two hours inside. That is good save my time.In general, yes the office is efficient and welcome happy with very nice treatment.
She said 10 days processing time plus express delivery.
What time did you reach the office?

Kashmira89

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
I am planning to apply for normal processing. But I wish to collect the passport instead of receiving via mail. How can I do that. Please guide me

Kashmira89

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
Hi,
Was this urgent processing?

waterlooengineer

Mar 13, 2018
Posting my experience to give everyone an idea.
Had my oath last week on June 15th and I requested for an expedite delivery for my certificate. Got it within 2 days on June 17th.
I kept looking for appointments on:
https://eservices.canada.ca/en/reservation/

Was lucky to get one for June 20th-2:40 pm at the Kitchener Office. Reached at the office around 2:30 pm. There was a line up of about 50-60 people still at that time (those with no appointments). I skipped the line and went straight into the security. They saw my email and let me in. There were two lines inside for documents check.
One was for people without appointments - had about 10-12 people in the line
The other line was for people with appointments - no one in the line so I was the first one there and had my documents checked right away. I was provided a number here. They had various numbering system. Different for people with appointments and without appointments.
I was given number: N054. That time on the screen they were catering N047.
Waited about an hour for my turn.
The agent at the counter was amazing! Very easy to deal with. Looked at my application. I had a flight ticket for June 26th. So 4 business days away. He told me passport will be ready by Thursday June 23rd in the morning.
No extra fee for pick up.
I paid $160 for a 10 year passport.
$50 for express request.

I was done and out of the office by 3:45 pm. So took me about 70 minutes in total.
All in all, a great experience at the Kitchener Office!