+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

kitchener Office!

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Here is my timeline and hope to know about yours:

Applied : Aug 2011
AOR & Discover Canada Book :Oct 2011
Status online : In Process

Till this moment I am still waiting for the test letter. I checked my status online and it shows "In Process". How long does it take till I make the test? I called the CIC and they said a background check is in process..how long does it take?!
Thanks!

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Hi Jana2012,
Thanks for your reply! Have you heard from CIC? Did they transfer your file to Kitchener?! Any updates at all?! Thanks!

mcl83

Jan 8, 2013
Hi I am new to this but here is my time line

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 12, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 12, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 8, 2012.

We sent you a letter on February 8, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (NOT RQ - Needed Marriage Cert)

We sent you a notice on November 19, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 3, 2012 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on December 24, 2012 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 10, 2013 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on January 10, 2013.

April2012

Jan 23, 2013
I'm from Kitchener and here is my timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 6, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 6, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 1, 2012.

Waiting for the next step right now

ecoyo

Jan 7, 2013
Hi mcl83, may I know why a marriage cert is needed to attach to the application? Thanks.

April2012

Jan 23, 2013
ecoyo said:
Hi mcl83, may I know why a marriage cert is needed to attach to the application? Thanks.
I put mine in my package for 1, I asked for my married name to be put on citizenship card while my PR card has my maiden name on. 2, just as a prove of my marriage status. I guess it doesn't hurt.

Lun

Mar 28, 2012
Hi april2012, so in your application, do you apply with your spouse ( 2 applications), or just apply on your own (separate application with your spouse)? Thanks.

mcl83

Jan 8, 2013
ecoyo said:
Hi ecoyo,

They needed my marriage certificate since my PR Card was in my maiden name and I wanted everything to be in my married name...

I also applied by my self... It took me a couple of years to get everything into my married name and when I initially applied for PR I wasnt yet married...

Hope this helps

ecoyo

Jan 7, 2013
Thanks mcl83. It's very nice of you to share your experience. I thought everyone needs to submit a marriage cert.

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Anyone with the experience of receiving the RQ late and submitted it after its due date?! Also, any updates from Kitchenerers?!!

ab78

Apr 6, 2013
hi budd my timeline its seems like your kinda bit REC 17 APR and processed in Dec 1 2012 still waiting any body from Guelph here ?