+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener local office after Bill C6

zzzzzzzz

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
So two Ceremonies scheduled for April 13th, one at 10:30am and the other at 1:30pm, http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx

hope to get some good news this week for those awaiting test or oath invites :D
But the April 13th invites are already all out, aren't they? 4 people from this thread received it last week. I think you'll have your oath as the officer predicted, in the 3rd of 4th week of April. Meanwhile we be chillin' on the sidelines o_O

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes the invites are all out but I am just looking forward to new ceremonies.

But the April 13th invites are already all out, aren't they? 4 people from this thread received it last week. I think you'll have your oath as the officer predicted, in the 3rd of 4th week of April. Meanwhile we be chillin' on the sidelines o_O

jaihanuman

Nov 27, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Doc's Request.
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
30-01-2013
Med's Request
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2013
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
No update from my side, Still shows In process.

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
Hi,
So I got my GCMS notes from ATIP. Keep in mind that the information is a month old, so things might have happened since then...

The last actions seem to be receipt of the paper file in Kitchener (4 Jan). Possibly there are some activities since that date which are redacted from report, but this seems unlikely as the "updated" date on the first page shows the 4 Jan date.

The interesting or unusual stuff usually comes at the end of these reports, and in my case there is a note from CPC Sydney saying that a police certificate "might be required" (I did provide one, so that is a bit odd).

The assessments on the front page list as follows:
Knowledge: Not Started
Residence: Not Started
Language: Not Started
Prohibition: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Oath: Not Started
The others are either blank or redacted from the report.

I hope that information helps somebody. Hope to have more encouraging news soon :)
Thanks

Reactions: duplex

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you receive the notification of oath through e-mail? Thanks.
I am pending for oath invite, hopefully soon but just n FYI all communications from IRCC Kitchener will be sent via email.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I were you, I would contact IRCC via webform or phone to ask about your application. My application was also received at IRCC Kitchener on January 4th and I already completed the test. It doesn't make sense why yours is taking so long.

Again, I would not sit and wait.... call them and ask instead.

Hi,
So I got my GCMS notes from ATIP. Keep in mind that the information is a month old, so things might have happened since then...

The last actions seem to be receipt of the paper file in Kitchener (4 Jan). Possibly there are some activities since that date which are redacted from report, but this seems unlikely as the "updated" date on the first page shows the 4 Jan date.

The interesting or unusual stuff usually comes at the end of these reports, and in my case there is a note from CPC Sydney saying that a police certificate "might be required" (I did provide one, so that is a bit odd).

The assessments on the front page list as follows:
Knowledge: Not Started
Residence: Not Started
Language: Not Started
Prohibition: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Oath: Not Started
The others are either blank or redacted from the report.

I hope that information helps somebody. Hope to have more encouraging news soon :)
Thanks

waleed11

Apr 4, 2018
Just came across this thread. I applied from Kitchener. Here is my update so far,
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 19, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 10, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 18, 2018.
No update since, I am traveling in May, hopefully travel dates doesn't coincide with the test date.

Last edited:

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just came across this thread. I applied from Kitchener. Here is my update so far,
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 19, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 10, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 18, 2018.
No update since, I am traveling in May, hopefully travel dates doesn't coincide with the test date.
Added you to October sheet of global 2017 spreadsheet. Link is in my signature.

rc2132

Feb 17, 2014
I am from Guelph. Applied Citizenship for myself.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 19, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 15, 2018
But I did not received any book in my mail box. My application would be processed in Guelph or Kitchener? Thanks