+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener local office after Bill C6

B19V20

Mar 13, 2018
I completed a FP request and it didn't feel like I lost my place in anything.
I hope you are right. seems like the process varies from one office to another. May I ask you what is your office and how long it took between FB/BG check completion and test invite?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I hope you are right. seems like the process varies from one office to another. May I ask you what is your office and how long it took between FB/BG check completion and test invite?
FP were through the St. Clair office, processing through Scarborough. I was notified of my test date after some others from the same office had already been given their test date and my test date ended up being before theirs, even though I was notified after them. Their timelines were similar to mine. That's why I don't think I lost anything with the request.

B19V20

Mar 13, 2018
FP were through the St. Clair office, processing through Scarborough. I was notified of my test date after some others from the same office had already been given their test date and my test date ended up being before theirs, even though I was notified after them. Their timelines were similar to mine. That's why I don't think I lost anything with the request.
Thanks for the reply.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there, I am confused, is your application being processed at IRCC Kitchener? If it is not, please note this section of the forum is mainly for those October applicants who have their applications being processed at IRCC Kitchener. While I appreciate your comments, I would also appreciate if you post them at another section (i.e., October applications or Scarborough office) because it may confuse Kitchener applicants. FYI: all local offices have different processing times.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi there, I am confused, is your application being processed at IRCC Kitchener? If it is not, please note this section of the forum is mainly for those October applicants who have their applications being processed at IRCC Kitchener. While I appreciate your comments, I would also appreciate if you post them at another section (i.e., October applications or Scarborough office) because it may confuse Kitchener applicants. FYI: all local offices have different processing times.
The question I answered was a generic one about whether you lose a place in line, so to speak, if FP are requested. I think it's safe to say that most offices will follow the same general guidelines as dictated by their own rules and policies. I specifically did NOT give my exact dates because different offices will have different processing times. I merely pointed out why my experience led me to believe that getting FP done would not impact a place in line.

tunpi

Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Mar-2010
Med's Request
22-Sep-2010
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Nov-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
04-Aug-2011
I believe for those who were asked for FP won't be invited for test soon.
I can be wrong but has someone already been invited?
I completed FP on Feb 5th and got test invitation. FYI.

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
@duplex - Sadly no news from me yet. Perhaps family applications take a bit longer, or perhaps they do more security checks with more trips (12 trips to 5 countries in my case), or perhaps it is just luck...
Anyway, no test yet, but no FP or RQ either so just a straightforward wait so far.

Reactions: chskw

CanadaApplication126

Aug 28, 2017
@duplex - Sadly no news from me yet. Perhaps family applications take a bit longer, or perhaps they do more security checks with more trips (12 trips to 5 countries in my case), or perhaps it is just luck...
Anyway, no test yet, but no FP or RQ either so just a straightforward wait so far.
I have made 50 trips to 10 different countries in my eligibility period. I got mine processed faster ...

Reactions: duplex and loncan

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
I have made 50 trips to 10 different countries in my eligibility period. I got mine processed faster ...
Good to know. (sounds like you did well to get the days in Canada :) ). We may never know why some checks take longer than others, and indeed it may just be luck. I've not given up hope - things seem to be moving for some folks and I just hope to be next! (My timescales are still easily within the timescales that IRCC publish of course.)

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@loncan - did you complete the physical presence calculator (PPC) accurately? If there are discrepancies between your PPC and the CBSA records that IRCC requests on your behalf that might be the issue. I requested my CBSA records before filling up my application so I could make it as accurate as possible.

Good to know. (sounds like you did well to get the days in Canada :) ). We may never know why some checks take longer than others, and indeed it may just be luck. I've not given up hope - things seem to be moving for some folks and I just hope to be next! (My timescales are still easily within the timescales that IRCC publish of course.)

Last edited:

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
@loncan - did you complete the physical presence calculator (PPC) accurately? If there are discrepancies between your PPC and the CBSA records that IRCC requests on your behalf that might be the issue. I requested my CBSA records before filling up my application so I could make it as accurate as possible.
Yes I'm actually very confident in the dates. I knew we would need this data, and so have kept a spreadsheet from the moment we arrived in Canada, and kept all the boarding passes too. Obviously nobody is perfect, but I have checked over the list a few times, so would be pretty disappointed if I got it wrong!

Interesting that you ordered the CBSA records. I did wonder about doing that myself, just to know what they have and whether it was right, but I noticed the IRCC request not to do so, and of course I would still want to record the actual dates even if I disagreed with CBSA - since I have to sign these forms :)