Kitchener local office after Bill C6

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello folks,

I thought of creating this new thread for citizenship applicants post-October 11, 2017 who live in Kitchener-Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph and surrounding towns. Just an FYI, our applications will be processed in the IRCC office located at 29 Duke St E, Kitchener.

Please share your updates here on test invites, interview and oath ceremonies.

Cheers!

Reactions: arash2018

zzzzzzzz

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Represent!

I'm in the November batch, Delivered Nov 8th.

Just an FYI, I know of people that applied pre-Oct 11th (one in March, one in May), and one of them was informed that there's current a severe lack of citizenship judges in the region, meaning that Oath ceremonies can happen several months after the interview has been completed/decision has been made. I hope this changes going forward, but let's see. The process up to the interview was quite smooth though.

Reactions: zardoz

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for replying and for the updates. I know a case who got their citizenship in less than 6 month in this office, but it happened early this year. Maybe the office went back to slow mode and perhaps this explains why the AoRs are being sent so slowly to October applicants who belong to this office?

Anyways, let's keep all updates here.

Represent!

I'm in the November batch, Delivered Nov 8th.

Just an FYI, I know of people that applied pre-Oct 11th (one in March, one in May), and one of them was informed that there's current a severe lack of citizenship judges in the region, meaning that Oath ceremonies can happen several months after the interview has been completed/decision has been made. I hope this changes going forward, but let's see. The process up to the interview was quite smooth though.

aquari

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2013
Med's Request
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
07-05-2014
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
I'm in the October batch, Delivered on Oct 13th.

Still waiting for AoR...

I don't know how long does it take to have AoR

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, AoR comes from Sydney, this thread is just for applicants from Kitchener Waterloo, Guelph and Cambridge who have received AoR. Please come back to this thread once you received your AoR.

So far only one applicant from Cambridge @CanadaApplication126 has gone into processing. Please @CanadaApplication126 post your updates in this thread.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kitchener local office may be slow this year, I am about to believe that most of the people awaiting for AoR belong to this office. No one has gone into processing yet, just one applicant @CanadaApplication126

Last edited:

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
Yes, AoR comes from Sydney, this thread is just for applicants from Kitchener Waterloo, Guelph and Cambridge who have received AoR. Please come back to this thread once you received your AoR.

So far only one applicant from Cambridge @CanadaApplication126 has gone into processing. Please @CanadaApplication126 post your updates in this thread.
Kitchener local office may be slow this year, I am about to believe that must of the people awaiting for AoR belong to this office. No one has gone into processing yet, just one applicant @CanadaApplication126
As you said AOR comes from Sydney, but then you said people belong to this office waiting for AOR is due to its being slower. I don't quite understand what you mean here.

I am in Waterloo and still waiting for AOR (Oct 16 applicant).

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I wasn't very clear, let me explain my theory. Maybe CPC-Sydney is sending those random AoRs based on the capacity of local offices to process applications. It seems a lot of October applicants from Kitchener are in queue for AoR while just a few have got AoRs so far, none have got their applications into processing yet except one applicant. Hope this makes sense now.

As you said AOR comes from Sydney, but then you said people belong to this office waiting for AOR is due to its being slower. I don't quite understand what you mean here.

I am in Waterloo and still waiting for AOR (Oct 16 applicant).

aquari

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2013
Med's Request
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
07-05-2014
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
Yes I wasn't very clear, let me explain my theory. Maybe CPC-Sydney is sending those random AoRs based on the capacity of local offices to process applications. It seems a lot of October applicants from Kitchener are in queue for AoR while just a few have got AoRs so far, none have got their applications into processing yet except one applicant. Hope this makes sense now.

Seems logical guess....

CuriousGuy

Star Member
Apr 5, 2013
My friend and I sent our applications from Waterloo together on October 11 in separate envelopes. Both were received on October 13 at the same time. My friend got his AOR on Nov 14 and I got mine on Nov 23. My friend’s app’s status changed to ‘In Process’ on Nov 27, while mine still says ‘Application received’. I’m in the spreadsheet, but my friend is not as he is not on this forum. Here is his timeline, if someone would like to add him.

AA_UW
App sent: October 11
App received: October 13
App type: Single
No of days: 1425
AOR: Nov 13
IP: Nov 27

Reactions: pepe84