+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
My Ecas doesn't say I'm in process but in feb in an email they said I was in process. I submitted a package to kingston with on going proof of my relationship example plane ticket, phone records, bank statements and receipts, photos of my trip and his family, digicel stuff like that. I don't wait on kingston I send stuff before they ask don't want delays.

mrsbrown said:
One and only. Does Ecas say you are in process? What additional documents did they ask for? Did they ask by email?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Kingston,Jamaica

Nevaeha said:
And thank YOU for making time in your busy schedule to pop in and say hello. I honestly worry about everyone's well being on this thread, this process can get rough, and I don't like when it gets too quiet. :-*

Any other lurkers out there today? :eek: Drop in and let us know how you are feeling. :D
Hi folks, our thread - Port of Spain - is even more quiet than yours. :) Nevaeha, thanks for the info. on bring forward dates and your cheerful posts. I agree with your worry above, this process is rough and I know for myself when it gets to be too much, I lurk rather than post. Good call :D. So back to my work and prayers for all of us to hear some good news and activity on our files soon. Blessings.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Re: Reply: Kingston,Jamaica

CdnandTrini said:
Hi folks, our thread - Port of Spain - is even more quiet than yours. :) Nevaeha, thanks for the info. on bring forward dates and your cheerful posts. I agree with your worry above, this process is rough and I know for myself when it gets to be too much, I lurk rather than post. Good call :D. So back to my work and prayers for all of us to hear some good news and activity on our files soon. Blessings.
Hi CdnandTrini!

Thanks for stopping by for a visit. ;D

I completely understand those days/weeks when all we want to do is lurk...been there plenty of times myself. ;)

Hopefully the KG and POS threads will hear great news and we will have lots of positive activity to cheer about!!!!

danielle902

Oct 6, 2011
Barrie Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21st 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2nd 2012
Med's Request
Nov 9th 2012
Med's Done....
July 24 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 9 2012
LANDED..........
before xmas? maybe?
lurking here...
that's what i mostly do...

crazy looking at my timeline.. i was sure i would be through by now.. but seems like everything has slowed right down.

d.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
danielle902 said:
lurking here...
that's what i mostly do...

crazy looking at my timeline.. i was sure i would be through by now.. but seems like everything has slowed right down.

d.
Hi danielle902!

Thanks for sharing how you are feeling.

This process can be so discouraging at times, can't it? It is somewhat easier to go through this when people are getting PPR's from Kingston and sharing their landing stories with us. It's much harder when we see next to no activity coming out of Kingston. Not too long ago a member shared that the people on this thread represent only 2% of the applications Kingston is processing. :eek: I truly believe Kingston is swamped and they are trying their very best to reunite us with our loved ones....even though for some of us it is painfully slow.

Hopefully we will hear from Kingston in the very near future.

Hang in there hun.

(((BIG HUG)))

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
I am defiently looking forward to that bring forward date so I can keep my spirits high. 7 months counting down to be reunited with my hubby.

Akiikwe

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Hubby...Decemebr 9, 2011 & expired. med redone and handed in at interview on Sept. 17/13
Interview........
September 17, 2013
Passport Req..
waiting
Hello forum family! Tonight and tomorrow night left and then I am on the plane! :D It will be so good to see Maddants again. You won't hear to much from me over the next 2 weeks. I am still packing my stuff, it will be done tomorrow and going to head out and spend the night at my son's place in Windsor. Airport will only be about 25 minutes away from there. Yahooooo! ;D :D

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Akiikwe said:
Hello forum family! Tonight and tomorrow night left and then I am on the plane! :D It will be so good to see Maddants again. You won't hear to much from me over the next 2 weeks. I am still packing my stuff, it will be done tomorrow and going to head out and spend the night at my son's place in Windsor. Airport will only be about 25 minutes away from there. Yahooooo! ;D :D
Woo Hoo!!!! Safe travels, Akiikwe!!!! Have a wonderful time in JA with Maddants!!!! ;D

canuck0468

Nov 5, 2012
Good morning forum family
LCW and Charlie, good hearing from you again, as you i am still lurking around, I guess spending a couple years on the forum it becomes a hard habit to break,
this ones for you girls for old times sake:
A cowboy named Bud was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous pasture in Alberta when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced toward him out of a cloud of dust.

The driver, a young man in a Brioni suit, Gucci shoes, RayBan sunglasses and YSL tie, leaned out the window and asked the cowboy, "If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, Will you give me a calf?"

Bud looks at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure, Why not?"

The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer, connects it to his Cingular RAZR V3 cell phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.

The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg , Germany.

Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses an MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response.

Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet printer, turns to the cowboy and says, "You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves," says Bud.

He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on with amusement as the young man stuffs it into the trunk of his car.

Then Bud says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my calf?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"

"You're a Member of Parliament for the Canadian Government", says Bud.

"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answered the cowboy. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. You used millions of dollars worth of equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you don't know a thing about how working people make a living - or about cows, for that matter.

This is a herd of sheep... now give me back my dog.

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
thegentleman said:
Well, it's official... I am now a Canadian Permanent Resident!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ok, quick landing story...

I took a transit flight from the US and it was quite a rainy day when I landed there. Had to wait 3 hours on my flight into Canada. Didn't realize they changed the gate to my flight on me until the last minute. I boarded plane and it was quite small and someone was sneezing the entire flight... hope I am not sick :D. This Canadian airport usually has weather issues when landing but this time at night it was beautiful and this was the first time I landed at night and saw all of the lights on the land beneath.

So anyway, lemme get to the good stuff... I landed and they announced that we could use our cell phones before we get into the customs, I was trying to call my wife to left her know I had landed (yeppie!) but no cell phone signal :)(). I went in line to customs, up to the counter to an older guy, and told him I'm doing my landing. He took the declaration form and passport and stamped it and wrote some stuff on it (some code I guess) and sent me to Immigration.

At immigration, I met a nice woman who greeted me and asked me if I'm doing my landing today, I said yes and handed her the papers. I only needed my passport, COPR and a picture (Kingston didn't send me one back to do the landing). She asked me how much time it took for me to get through the process, I told her 11 months but that's all relative. Asked me if I had planned to work in the same profession, I was at home country, I said yes. She filled in my COPR and asked me if I ever committed any criminal offenses since I applied and if I had any dependents, I said no to both and signed the COPR. She said that the PR card would take 6 weeks to come.

After this, she said welcome to canada and sent me to another officer. I got my bags and was sent to another officer and he asked if I have anything else to be shipped to me (car, furniture, etc). I said basically clothes and he had me fill out a form citing everything I was bringing into the country later, and I signed it. He was very pleasant and helpful. Quick note, when he first looked at my passport and didn't see the visa, he asked where it was and I told him that I am from a visa-exempt country. Then I showed him the letter that Kingston sent me stating that I didn't need a visa. After I signed the document, he said welcome to canada and asked if I need a trolley for my bags, I told him no (as I am pretty strong guy ;D... but then I later got a trolley ;D) and he directed me outside. Had to call wife quick, she said she was 5mins away sound super excited and asked if everything went well. We embraced and had a long kiss when I saw her.

You can just imagine what went down that night... the end ;D.

Again, thank you very much forum members for all your support and encouragement along this very difficult process, couldn't have kept a calm composure without you guys. Don't worry, you all will be done very soon as well.

I will be popping in every now and then to see what's up... all the best ;D!!!
Congrats!!! :D

I just have a question. how long did it take you to get through from the moment you got off the plane to the time you finished and walked through the door? My husband will have to transfer flights in Toronto to Vancouver. The longest lay over I can find without spending the night is 3 hours.

frankfield

Sep 5, 2011
He that wait upon the Lord shall renew his/ strength; shall mount up with wings like eagle..

The race is not for the swift but for those who can endure!

know that Jah is the giver of all good things; you are next in line for his blessing

If we had the ability to see what is ahead we would not take chances in life which are essentially the vitamin for our soul.. We would not love and be loved! We would not believe. So we dont get to see the future and must WAIT and WAIT some more. The lord/Jah/Allah/Buddah or whomever he is to you sees all things and knows all things. He gives/release/withhold according to his vision, what he knows. When the time arrives for us to get the lesson he throws the door wide open and all enters; good and bad for he understands the moment he wants you soul to celebrate or cry. Some of you here are getting ready to cry...but even as it appears your life is be ripped from you, know 'papa' is waiting to lift you up. some of you will see an end of your sorry and a man is sent to repair your heart and heal the broken parts in your soul. For once in your life you will be the one with good news, no longer having to watch others enjoy the beauty of a loving relationship but you must wait some more. Some of you will find yourselves wishing you were alone again, while others will wonder how did i live without you. So you must wait some more... if only you could see what lies ahead of you, only then would you realize how blessed you are in this moment and gladly WAIT some more.

Neveah.. blessings, wait my friend your greatest lover "jehovah" says I am protecting you, I am preparing you, I am giving you the best gift, teaching you how to wait on me...for the day will come when your eyes will open and you will understand why you had to wait... love

I dedicate these songs to those who are waiting and know that GOD knows best; close and open door according to his plan for us and the lessons he needs to teach us. For those of you who feel angels always have wings then ignore my message, mock and rididicule if you will.

http://youtu.be/z2nLZ3Jdbog

http://youtu.be/OBpI5HAO63Y

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
Dear Madam

We have responded to your recent enquiry. The documents attached to your recent enquiry are noted and attached to the file.

Please be advised that the status of your application has not changed since our last reply to you. Our office cannot provide you with an update of your case status by email on a regular basis, but rest assured we will contact you when your file has reached the next processing stage.

In order to serve all clients better, we will be unable to answer further correspondence at this time.

Regards

Immigration Section,

3 West King’s House Road, P O Box 1500

Kingston 10, Jamaica

Tel:(876) 926-1500

Fax:(876) 733-3480

Immigration Information Tel: (876) 733-3393

E-mail : kingston.immigration@international.gc.ca

Website: www.canadainternational.gc.ca/jamaica or www.cic.gc.ca

My last email from them was April 26,2013.

Dear Madam

Thank you for your email.

This Family Class application was received by our office on 25 September 2012 after being forwarded by Case Processing Centre Mississauga. This application is currently pending initial review, after which we will contact the applicant directly to advise the outcome of the review and any next steps.

We are striving to make our processing of Family Class applications as efficient as possible. We continue to meet our commitment to a service standard of 6 months to finalization for at least 80% of cases for sponsored spouses, partners, and children. Processing times are calculated from the date the application is approved by Case Processing Centre Mississauga, after which it is sent to the visa office for further processing. For individual cases, actual processing times may vary depending on the complexity of the application and the number of new applications received by the visa office.

Applicants can check the status of their case on the CIC website by clicking on Client Application Status. For actual processing times of permanent resident applications in Kingston for the last 12 months, please click here. Applicants may also refer to our website, www.jamaica.gc.ca, for more information about processing times.

Regards

Immigration Section,

3 West King’s House Road, P O Box 1500

Kingston 10, Jamaica

E-mail : kingston.immigration@international.gc.ca

Does this mean that it is in process now???

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Your application is in process they are working on it but they just don't all update the system. You might get through by sept to nov fingers crossed.

carm_cnd said:
Dear Madam

We have responded to your recent enquiry. The documents attached to your recent enquiry are noted and attached to the file.

Please be advised that the status of your application has not changed since our last reply to you. Our office cannot provide you with an update of your case status by email on a regular basis, but rest assured we will contact you when your file has reached the next processing stage.

In order to serve all clients better, we will be unable to answer further correspondence at this time.

Regards

Immigration Section,

3 West King's House Road, P O Box 1500

Kingston 10, Jamaica

E-mail : kingston.immigration @ international.gc.ca

My last email from them was April 26,2013.

Dear Madam

Thank you for your email.

This Family Class application was received by our office on 25 September 2012 after being forwarded by Case Processing Centre Mississauga. This application is currently pending initial review, after which we will contact the applicant directly to advise the outcome of the review and any next steps.

We are striving to make our processing of Family Class applications as efficient as possible. We continue to meet our commitment to a service standard of 6 months to finalization for at least 80% of cases for sponsored spouses, partners, and children. Processing times are calculated from the date the application is approved by Case Processing Centre Mississauga, after which it is sent to the visa office for further processing. For individual cases, actual processing times may vary depending on the complexity of the application and the number of new applications received by the visa office.

Applicants can check the status of their case on the CIC website by clicking on Client Application Status. For actual processing times of permanent resident applications in Kingston for the last 12 months, please click here. Applicants may also refer to our website, www.jamaica.gc.ca, for more information about processing times.

Regards

Immigration Section,

3 West King's House Road, P O Box 1500

Kingston 10, Jamaica

E-mail : kingston.immigration @ international.gc.ca

Does this mean that it is in process now???

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
oneandonly said:
Your application is in process they are working on it but they just don't all update the system. You might get through by sept to nov fingers crossed.
I am going to say June lol :D wishful thinking doesnt hurt anyone