+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kindly review my study permit profile

sanalaj

Oct 14, 2021
Profile:
Age - 29 years
Education Background - Bachelors in Mass Media and majored in Advertising in the year 2013 with First Class grade
Work Experience - Around 7 years of digital marketing experience in media agencies and well-reputed media brands in India. Currently a marketing consultant at Amazon Prime Video.

I have secured a seat in the Marketing Management course at Seneca College. I have paid full year fees, GIC and showed an additional 8K CAD in savings. I have 2 years of ITR, stock and MF statements, last work experience letter, property evaluation (owned by my mother) to show I have strong ties and I come from a well-to-do family. I have explained how the course will be helpful to widen my knowledge in marketing as my profile has been in digital marketing only. Also, I think I am at a crucial point in my career where I need to have a professional degree to go further & make difference. MBA is expensive, I can't opt for it at this point. But I have not mentioned this in my SOP. My IELTS overall score is 7.5 bands. (All 7+)

My only concern is I have a visit visa rejection from the UK in 2015 and NZ in 2020. Both because VO thought I wouldn't return. I have family in both countries. However, I have traveled to other countries during this time that shows my timely return.

Are the study gap and visa rejections a big concern? Do I have a strong profile?

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
Profile:
Age - 29 years
Education Background - Bachelors in Mass Media and majored in Advertising in the year 2013 with First Class grade
Work Experience - Around 7 years of digital marketing experience in media agencies and well-reputed media brands in India. Currently a marketing consultant at Amazon Prime Video.

I have secured a seat in the Marketing Management course at Seneca College. I have paid full year fees, GIC and showed an additional 8K CAD in savings. I have 2 years of ITR, stock and MF statements, last work experience letter, property evaluation (owned by my mother) to show I have strong ties and I come from a well-to-do family. I have explained how the course will be helpful to widen my knowledge in marketing as my profile has been in digital marketing only. Also, I think I am at a crucial point in my career where I need to have a professional degree to go further & make difference. MBA is expensive, I can't opt for it at this point. But I have not mentioned this in my SOP. My IELTS overall score is 7.5 bands. (All 7+)

My only concern is I have a visit visa rejection from the UK in 2015 and NZ in 2020. Both because VO thought I wouldn't return. I have family in both countries. However, I have traveled to other countries during this time that shows my timely return.

Are the study gap and visa rejections a big concern? Do I have a strong profile?
No mention of why you need to spend thousands of dollars to go all the way to Canada to do a marketing management course. Those are every common courses you can take in your home country.

sanalaj

Oct 14, 2021
No mention of why you need to spend thousands of dollars to go all the way to Canada to do a marketing management course. Those are every common courses you can take in your home country.
While Indian institutions provided courses that focused on theoretical training with minimal global exposure, I thought that I would have the advantage of gaining practical learning opportunities & international insights by studying in Canada. I have explained this in my SOP too. Would it suffice?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Profile:
Age - 29 years

With so many years of experience, pursuing a college program will greatly reduce your chances of approval. Did you attempt to apply to a public university? With your Bachelors and good academic profile, you should be able to get into a good public uni for Masters in Marketing with focus on Digital Strategy (or something similar).

sanalaj

Oct 14, 2021
With so many years of experience, pursuing a college program will greatly reduce your chances of approval. Did you attempt to apply to a public university? With your Bachelors and good academic profile, you should be able to get into a good public uni for Masters in Marketing with focus on Digital Strategy (or something similar).
Unfortunately, I can’t get into good Master courses. My Bachelors was a 3 year degree. That makes it 15 years of education. You need to have 16 years education to qualify for good ones. Also, Masters will cost me more than twice of what I’d be spending right now. Do you think explanation is required in SOP?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Profile:
Age - 29 years

Hello Sanalaj,

If you are referring to the years of working after graduation as study gaps; No, it is not. Your work experience is good enough justification to cover the study gap and ensure you provide adequate employment documentation likewise your economic establishment in your country to serve as home ties. It will be advised that you demonstrate your home ties from a socio-economic viewpoint.

Your previous refusals do not reduce your chances if you declare it and provide honest answers by ticking correctly the check box in the IMM 1294e Form that asks for a prior refusal.

Also, not that applying to colleges, especially to Ontario colleges does not in any way reduce your chances as an industry professional with a good number of years of experience. Going by your profile, though no one can accurately tell you your visa chances by merely looking at your profile, however, it seems okay to give your application that competitive edge.

If you need someone to vet or scrutinize your SOP letter for contradictions and guide, visit GCMSWriters.com.

Regards,

JS

sanalaj

Oct 14, 2021
Hello Sanalaj,

If you are referring to the years of working after graduation as study gaps; No, it is not. Your work experience is good enough justification to cover the study gap and ensure you provide adequate employment documentation likewise your economic establishment in your country to serve as home ties. It will be advised that you demonstrate your home ties from a socio-economic viewpoint.

Your previous refusals do not reduce your chances if you declare it and provide honest answers by ticking correctly the check box in the IMM 1294e Form that asks for a prior refusal.

Also, not that applying to colleges, especially to Ontario colleges does not in any way reduce your chances as an industry professional with a good number of years of experience. Going by your profile, though no one can accurately tell you your visa chances by merely looking at your profile, however, it seems okay to give your application that competitive edge.

If you need someone to vet or scrutinize your SOP letter for contradictions and guide, visit GCMSWriters.com.

Regards,

JS
Thank you so much for such a detailed response. Appreciate it. Also, makes me feel more positive. :)