+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

KINDLY HELP ! (SINP REFUSED FROM LVO BASED ON IELTS RESULTS)

Lucky_mkd

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sent CIO 30.01.2014 AOR CIO 02.03.2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August :)
caind8714 said:
@ cho123

Well the basic reason for your refusal is your low Ielts score. Sinp accepts the minimum ielts score of 4 bands bt this requirement is not for all occupations . For example a manager having ielts score of 4 bands will likely get refusal and a welder or plumber having ielts score of 4 bands is acceptable. So, in your case your occupation which is playway teacher your ielts score should have been at least 5.5 or 6 bands.
Now just improve your english and apply again. I dont know why Sinp gave you nomination without considering your IELTS score.
Well Said Caind as i said Nurse Aid band score 4 acceptable, band score 4 for teacher not acceptable, That why we should check under withc NODE CODE we are.
Here is node code to better understand

Skill type 0 are all NOC codes that start with 0 - like 0111 or 0213
Skill level A are all NOC codes that don't start with 0 but have 1 as the 2nd digit - like 2143 or 3112
Skill level B are all NOC codes that don't start with 0 but have 2 or 3 as the 2nd digit - like 1231 or 7315

Those above are the occupations that are considered "skilled" under immigration rules.

Those below are considered low-skilled or semi-skilled:

Skill level C are all NOC codes that don't start with 0 but have 4 or 5 as the 2nd digit
Skill level D are all NOC codes that don't start with 0 but have 6 as the 2nd digit

You can read about this and more at http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Introduction.aspx

cho123

May 27, 2014
Thanks for all your kind inputs. I understand that speaking Language is one of the main necessity. However I can tell you that being good on the test is one thing and sometimes being good in communication for some people is totally different.

How many immigrants do we see in daily life that have very low speaking skills but they are still raising their families. Yet if they came to Canada based on their ielts scores then I am sure they all would have done great on their scores to obtain visa. But we see the outcome when we deal with people on a daily basis. Don't we?

If the applicant were approved (Visa) with the current scores. They will have to go to school, obtain certification and then gain some work experience. This all adds in daily life experience and makes one better by the day. Family and friends can also help a lot.

Anyways, I am interested in options at this point. I have already asked the applicant to re-appear for the test. But lets say this time if they do good score, what are the chances? being already on the negative side would have any impact?

Also one question here. When a policy changes while an application is in process. Isn't applicant required to fulfill all requirement from the time application filled??? Since PNP applications do take years to finalize. Many things change? is it fair to impose new rules to previously submitted apps or should it be the apps submitted after the effect of new rules.

Thanks and please keep the thread alive. I have spoken to my Consultant and he has mentioned that he had about 15-20 SINP clients that were nailed because of IELTS low scores (Which surprisingly wasn't a problem to the province but the VO abroad). So this thread may help myself and people in the future with similar issues. Thanks

ssbsmile

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cho123 said:
Elementary/Kindergarten Teacher (NOC Code 4142). Thanks for replying caind8714, any ideas how to go about it?

IELTS Average is 4.5 Band (Combined Listening, Reading, Writing and Listening ). In a nutshell they are saying that it is not sufficient score to pursue and be successful in the profession or Canadian life style. Where-as SINP requirement on IMMIGRATION WEBSITE, the ielts score has met the minimum requirements.

Seniors and other members, please your advice and recommendations are highly required and appreciated. Thanks
For teachers 4.5 not sufficient you should need more than 6 each in IELTS if you wants to apply in any PNP or federal as a skilled worker,it dosn't matter what is minimum requirement of any PNP in IELTS.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
cho123 said:
Thanks for all your kind inputs. I understand that speaking Language is one of the main necessity. However I can tell you that being good on the test is one thing and sometimes being good in communication for some people is totally different.
Agreed. But if someone is applying to immigrate to Canada as a teacher they need to have a strong command of either English or French. This is a perfectly reasonable expectation. 4.5 really is very very low and indicates a poor command of English. Even a score of 6 isn't that high for a teacher. But if someone is a good communicator (as you've said) they can still be an effective teacher with 6 score capabilities.

caind8714

Jul 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
even i agree with other member replies & thanks Lucky_mkd fpr appreciating my reply

Lucky_mkd

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sent CIO 30.01.2014 AOR CIO 02.03.2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August :)
I know this because one friend was apply for Immigration Manitoba hi have IELTS score 4 and hi call Immigration in manitoba and they told him that if hi is applying like Register Nurse hi will be rejected hi can be approve only like Nurse Aid and hi was approve hi get nomination now hi is waiting from Vienna VO.

Malik7785

May 26, 2015
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2014
Doc's Request.
Pic Request 16-April-15
AOR Received.
23-March-2015
File Transfer...
07-Sep-2015-Ecas In Process
Med's Request
16-October-15 (RPRF , MR , PCC , Updated forms , PPR 1)
Med's Done....
27-October-15
Passport Req..
10-December-15
VISA ISSUED...
18-December-15
LANDED..........
18-January-16
Received the same letter as Cho mentioned in start. my noc is 0631 & submitted IELTS results were

Listening:5
Reading: 5
Writing : 5
Speaking: 5.5

But now i have retaken IELTS & Got 6.0 with following details

Listening:6.0
Reading: 5.5
Writing : 6.5
Speaking:6.0

Going to submit my results with an explanation letter. Please guide mr if these are sufficent for me now.''

Thanks in Advance

irsh29

Jan 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2016
IELTS Request
submit with application
cho123 said:

How many immigrants do we see in daily life that have very low speaking skills but they are still raising their families. Yet if they came to Canada based on their ielts scores then I am sure they all would have done great on their scores to obtain visa. But we see the outcome when we deal with people on a daily basis. Don't we?

If the applicant were approved (Visa) with the current scores. They will have to go to school, obtain certification and then gain some work experience. This all adds in daily life experience and makes one better by the day. Family and friends can also help a lot.

Anyways, I am interested in options at this point. I have already asked the applicant to re-appear for the test. But lets say this time if they do good score, what are the chances? being already on the negative side would have any impact?

Also one question here. When a policy changes while an application is in process. Isn't applicant required to fulfill all requirement from the time application filled??? Since PNP applications do take years to finalize. Many things change? is it fair to impose new rules to previously submitted apps or should it be the apps submitted after the effect of new rules.

Thanks and please keep the thread alive. I have spoken to my Consultant and he has mentioned that he had about 15-20 SINP clients that were nailed because of IELTS low scores (Which surprisingly wasn't a problem to the province but the VO abroad). So this thread may help myself and people in the future with similar issues. Thanks
Hi any update in your application?