+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kindly help Seniors.. NOC 4011 or 4021 Confusion

jairoop

Apr 10, 2015
Respected Seniors.

My profile.
7 years experience as Associate Professor at University.
No Doctorate. ONLY Masters

Should i apply under Noc 4011 - University Professors and Lecturers OR
Noc 4021 - College or Vocational Instructors

My job profile matches Noc 4011 better. But i donot have Doctorate. I am scared that if i apply under Noc 4011. My application may be turned down because of Doctorate Requirements.
kindly guide.

Should i apply under Noc 4021.if yes will there be any issue as my experience is from University and not College.

Thanks for continued support.

warsapp

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
jairoop said:
Respected Seniors.

My profile.

My job profile matches Noc 4011 better. But i donot have Doctorate. I am scared that if i apply under Noc 4011. My application may be turned down because of Doctorate Requirements.
kindly guide.

Should i apply under Noc 4021.if yes will there be any issue as my experience is from University and not College.

Hello.
I am a Senior lecturer at University. I applied to FSW back in December 2014 and my application was sent back to me due to cap reached. I mentioned NOC 4011 and choose assistant professor as I felt that my job duties matched more with assisstant professor's job duties. I am a PH.D. by the way.
So my suggestion is to choose NOC 4011 as you are lecturing at the University the will turn down your application when you choose NOC 4021 this has nothing to do with University lecturer/ptofessor group. However, you can write as a job title Lecturer/Senior Lecturer or Assistant professor instead of Associate professor. They ask about job title which is equivalent to Canadian University lecturer/professors job title at least in FSW 2014.
Good luck!

jairoop

Apr 10, 2015
Sir,

Are you saying that should I get experience letter from University with Lecturer/Assistant Professor Title.

But if my official designation is Associate Professor, how University can generate experience letter with Lecturer/Assistant Professor title.

Kindly guide, I am really worried.

regards

sarb13

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
jairoop said:
Respected Seniors.

My profile.

kindly guide.

Send an email to "NC-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca" with your roles and responsibilities, They will tell you the exact NOC

forcanada

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
Hi
I have another confusion: I work in a private college which is affliliated to a government university. What would be my NOC in this case? My employer would not mention my designation as a 'University Lecturer' or 'University Professor'. However, I can get an experience letter as an Assistant Professor.
P.S. I have a master's degree (Not a PhD)

Kindly help.

sangitadev

Dec 2, 2015
I also work in a private engineering college affiliated to a government university. I work as a lecturer and lecture bachelor of engineering students. i have a masters degree. Plz help me if I should choose 4011 or 4012 as noc code.

Sundr

Aug 12, 2018
Respected Seniors.

My profile.

kindly guide.

Hi Jairoop,
Iam in same dilemma as you were in 2015.

I think you are done with PR process now. So can you pls guide me in selecting which NOC.

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
Hi Jairoop,
Iam in same dilemma as you were in 2015.

I think you are done with PR process now. So can you pls guide me in selecting which NOC.
If you work in university then it should be 4011. I worked in an University as an Assistant Professor. I also had only Master's Degree, no PhD. I chose NOC4011 and there was no problem.

Sundr

Aug 12, 2018
If you work in university then it should be 4011. I worked in an University as an Assistant Professor. I also had only Master's Degree, no PhD. I chose NOC4011 and there was no problem.
The problem here is the medical/dental colleges are under respective state govt health universities. Its like we work for the college but under guidelines of university. 4021 has many examples, butit doesnt reflect my present position ie teaching UGs and Graduates.
Moreover the job duties match those of 4011.

My present designation is Associate Professor of Orthodontics and i am a PG guide too for their thesis.I too am an MDS...not PhD.

Thats where i am getting confused.