kindly help me with POF requirement.

Indi- canada

Nov 13, 2015
mumbai
Visa Office......
NDVO
hi,

i have 2 bank accounts.(A) one is operational with daily transaction and its my salary account. 2nd (B) i have not used since last 7-8 years.
my father is helping for funding and made FD's in the 2nd bank account.
so now while providing documents for POF, along with FD certificates of B bank and LOE for the large transfer to (B) bank which other documents i have to send.
i am aware that i have to send 6 months bank statement, but do i need to send (A) or (B) bank statements. because there are hardly any transaction in (B) bank account since last 7-8 years.

please help me

thanks in advance.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Indi- canada said:
hi,

i have 2 bank accounts.(A) one is operational with daily transaction and its my salary account. 2nd (B) i have not used since last 7-8 years.
my father is helping for funding and made FD's in the 2nd bank account.
so now while providing documents for POF, along with FD certificates of B bank and LOE for the large transfer to (B) bank which other documents i have to send.
i am aware that i have to send 6 months bank statement, but do i need to send (A) or (B) bank statements. because there are hardly any transaction in (B) bank account since last 7-8 years.

please help me

thanks in advance.
Get a Balance Certificate from the bank issued on their letterhead (sealed and signed). The certificate should have the following details.

Account A
- Type of account
- Date of account opening
- Account number
- Current balance in your home currency
- Current balance value in CAD (take the currency rate as on the date the letter is issued and mention the rate in the letter as well)

The letter should also state that the funds are unencumbered and readily transferable.

Submit copies of 6 months bank statements signed and stamped by the bank.

Account B
Get a similar letter from the bank and mention the details of your FDs linked to the bank account
- Date when the term deposit was created
- Term deposit account number
- Current balance in your home currency
- Current balance in Canadian dollars (take the currency rate as on the date the letter is issued and mention the rate in the letter as well)

Also, attach copies of FD Advices/ FD Receipts and get it signed and stamped by the bank.

Since the amount in Account B originated from the money that your father transferred to your account, you will have to get a Gift Deed executed.

Check these threads to know more about Gift Deed

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sep-18-draw-17-itas-candidates-connect/-t349224.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-funds-fsw-still-unclear-about-gift-deed-t230490.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/gift-deed-question-t349874.0.html

Submit all of the above with a Letter of Explanation consolidating the total amount that you would be submitting with reference to Gift Deed etc and everything that you want the case officer to consider.