+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kids need Visa

babyanne

Jun 14, 2007
Hi! I am a resident of the US and my husband is a US Citizen. I have three kids in the Philippines and we want to bring them to Canada for vacation. We are here right now in Malaysia as tourist and at the same time we applied for a tourist visa for the kids. It was suppose to be 2 hours processing only but, its already 10 days and we have not heard from Canadian Embassy. The Officer said that it is still under review and they will call us in due time. They have not given us specific days as to when they would call. They said they just want to make sure that the Fahter of the kids, of whom I have not seen and talked for years will not contest about the travel. I was never married to the father and he was never in the picture of the kids lives. Does anybody of you have any idea how long will it take for them to decide? One consolation that We have is that , the Embassy have not decline our application. Can somebody share with me their experience too?

Thanks.

gilipsie

Star Member
Jul 11, 2007
They are probably trying to get ahold of the father. Have you spoken with him about this? Maybe he could hurry it along.