+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kid citizenship application

tbs15

Jan 7, 2015
Hi everyone,

Does a kid (under 14) have to be in Canada when starting to apply for his citizenship (now a PR)? If the kid is out how to take a citizenship photo as required or if he has to be brought back in Canada just for the photo? Anybody has a hint?

Another question is: for kid under 14, will the certificate of citizenship be mailed or took by one of his parents at CIC office? I know there is no need of oath for kid.

tbs15

Jan 7, 2015
Further to above, does it have to be a Canadian address right before citizenship application for kid, or overseas address would do (right before application date)? cause there is no requirement of physical stay for kid's citizenship application under condition that parents already citizens.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
The photo can be taken anywhere, just be sure to print the directions and take them to photographer and make sure they follow it to a "T". As for being present, I don't know that, I wondered that myself and there are many other parents who have wondered. It's not real clear and one of those things they can nail you on.

Are you applying for citizenship too? I applied for my son, but I'm a citizen, so the process was slightly different. In our case they request the PR card in the mail, then once they receive it they will mail the certificate to your Canadian address.