+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

KevinsJane any update on your application?

annemyrtle

Jul 13, 2009
Oh my!! Congratulations to you guys!!!
It makes me more excited that I'd hope I would get mine soon too:)
Congrats again:)

KevinsJane

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WooHoo...guess what's in my hands!!!! My passport with the Canadian affixed Visa!!!! :)

Canbrit...yours should arrive anyday, if not today!!!!! Lots to read!!! Have an Awesome Day Everyone! Good Cheer wished for Everyone!

According to trackitt:

My Family Class case: Approved in 139 days (147 days less than average)

canbrit

Star Member
Jan 25, 2009
WOW KevinsJane!! That is awesome!!

Did UPS ever show anything as per the status. Mine is still coming up blank, so I assume it's still in NYC.

KevinsJane

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Canbrit,

Actually, the unused Waybill, paperwork and passport arrived regular mail, in a 8x10 brown envelope, postmarked October 13, 2009, arriving in Ontario Province, October 21, 2009.

Paperwork consisted of:

Passport with Canadian Visa Affixed
IMM 5292 (Confirmation of Permanent Residence form)
Congratulations and Information Notice
Settling in Canada
Residency Obligations for Permanent Residence (the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act)
Newcomers Introduction to Canada
and the infamous :)
*Unused Waybill

Apologies on the delay in responding. Hope you and yours are well!

Any word on your hubbys situation, as far as what & if he is to fill out any of the forms for goods?

canbrit

Star Member
Jan 25, 2009
KevinsJane said:
Hi Canbrit,

Actually, the unused Waybill, paperwork and passport arrived regular mail, in a 8x10 brown envelope, postmarked October 13, 2009, arriving in Ontario Province, October 21, 2009.

Paperwork consisted of:

Passport with Canadian Visa Affixed
IMM 5292 (Confirmation of Permanent Residence form)
Congratulations and Information Notice
Settling in Canada
Residency Obligations for Permanent Residence (the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act)
Newcomers Introduction to Canada
and the infamous :)
*Unused Waybill

Apologies on the delay in responding. Hope you and yours are well!

Any word on your hubbys situation, as far as what & if he is to fill out any of the forms for goods?
Hi KevinsJane,

So they didn't actually use the UPS envelope? I'm surprised by that. Did it say anything about the unused waybill? The manager at the store we used said if the waybill was unused they would reimburse us, so maybe you would be able to, as well?

I guess ours may actually end up being mailed to the UPS store since their policy was that the return address had to be the store if we used the UPS corporate account. I wonder if we may run into issues in general with them mailing it back to a store instead of a residential address. So far we've had no word, but we did call the UPS store to mention it may be mailed to them, but apparently this has happened before, and they would call us.

Fingers crossed we get ours this week.

Canbrit

KevinsJane

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Canbrit,

The waybill was folded in half, without a stickie or note, enclosed. Actually, the gesture was very kind of the person preparing the envelope. As you said, I can seek to be reimbursed. TY for that! :)

Mine took 7 days to be delivered from NY to Ontario Province... Yes, I'm sure yours is on the way! With Thanksgiving...it constituted a short work week and vacation for some. Gives you more time to plan celebration :)

So glad we have been able to converse over our time frame and bounce back and forth with one another during the waiting period!

Come on UPS truck!!!!

canbrit

Star Member
Jan 25, 2009
We just received his passport and COPR in the mail today! Yippee!!

We are planning to land this Sunday, perhaps.

Only thing, and I don't know if it's an issue, on the COPR where it says GIVEN NAME: his first and middle name do not fit in the required space (or at least I assume that). So his middle name is missing a letter at the end. I assume it was just a space issue, but didn't know if this constituted an error and the COPR would need to be fixed?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

canbrit said:
We just received his passport and COPR in the mail today! Yippee!!

We are planning to land this Sunday, perhaps.

Only thing, and I don't know if it's an issue, on the COPR where it says GIVEN NAME: his first and middle name do not fit in the required space (or at least I assume that). So his middle name is missing a letter at the end. I assume it was just a space issue, but didn't know if this constituted an error and the COPR would need to be fixed?
Its not a problem I assume that he has a long name, they truncate the name if it doesn't fit. I believe that there is only 21 spaces for given and middle and 17 for surname.

PMM

canbrit

Star Member
Jan 25, 2009
Hi PMM,

Thanks for replying.

His first and middle name, with spaces, is showing as 15 characters on the COPR. It is dropping the last letter of his middle name.

CHRISTOPHER JOH
(15 with space)
instead of
CHRISTOPHER JOHN
(16 with space)

We want to land this weekend, but worried that the above was a mistake and we would need the COPR corrected.