+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

kept beard and planning to apply for PR

javy

Feb 12, 2021
Hi,

I am going to apply for PR thru express entry. I urgently need help for below of my two questions:

1. I have kept beard two months back, and now its pretty big and want to be like this only in future. But my passport have without beard photo. Would it be fine if I submit now the photos with passport while applying PR?

2. As per my passport I have only given/first name (such as "Javy Den") and no family/last name. However, while creating profile for WES I provided my whole name "Javy Den" in last name column and simply Dot (.) in first name column. So now in my WES report my name is like ". Javy Den", Would I need to explain them the reason of name discrepancy? and how?

Thanks,
Javy

Varun Gopi

May 15, 2020
Hi,

I am going to apply for PR thru express entry. I urgently need help for below of my two questions:

1. I have kept beard two months back, and now its pretty big and want to be like this only in future. But my passport have without beard photo. Would it be fine if I submit now the photos with passport while applying PR?

2. As per my passport I have only given/first name (such as "Javy Den") and no family/last name. However, while creating profile for WES I provided my whole name "Javy Den" in last name column and simply Dot (.) in first name column. So now in my WES report my name is like ". Javy Den", Would I need to explain them the reason of name discrepancy? and how?

Thanks,
Javy
1. I have kept beard two months back, and now its pretty big and want to be like this only in future. But my passport have without beard photo. Would it be fine if I submit now the photos with passport while applying PR? - It should not be a problem. There is no such guidelines from IRCC that current photo and the one in passport must be identical. So don't worry about it.

2. As per my passport I have only given/first name (such as "Javy Den") and no family/last name. However, while creating profile for WES I provided my whole name "Javy Den" in last name column and simply Dot (.) in first name column. So now in my WES report my name is like ". Javy Den", Would I need to explain them the reason of name discrepancy? and how? - You have to submit a "one and the same person" document attested by a notary. I was also in a similar situation where I submitted "one and same person" document and a letter explaining it.

Hope this helps!