+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kenny "re-recognizes "citizenship delays

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,

Here is an extract of an article about citizenship delays discussed by Minister Kenny during an interview.

The next big item on Mr. Kenney's agenda is to improve the process of citizenship for permanent residents who have applied for citizenship, said Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism in an interview with Generation Next.
Currently it takes about 23 months for a citizenship application to be processed.
Minister Kenney said “it's a next big problem I have to tackle .. It is a problem I recognize that.”

http://www.sagennext.com/2013/05/22/kenney-getting-ready-to-tackle-citizenship-application-delays/

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
I understand many people might not agree with me but I believe that the first step towards solving a problem is to recognize it .I know the next steps will take a while but the encouraging thing is that atleast CIC is starting to move in right direction.Hopefully before the 2015 elections we might see some positive processing changes to this whole process.

muti

May 28, 2013
Why don't they charge for $5000 for an expedited citizenship application? It is good for the applicant and it will give CIC a chance to hire more people. It will be a win-win situation. Isn't it?

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muti said:
Why don't they charge for $5000 for an expedited citizenship application? It is good for the applicant and it will give CIC a chance to hire more people. It will be a win-win situation. Isn't it?
The Tories have made the choice to make huge cuts in the civil service ranks without cutting the executive and managerial ranks in the last few years. Quite frankly, I don't think they want to hire more people.

The problem with charging an exorbinant fee for "first class" citizenship service is that it undermines democracy and a basic tenant of good governance. The citizenship Act sets out the eligibilities for citizenship. The CIC has an obligation to process those applications within a "reasonable" timeframe. This is universal for all citizenship applicants and not just a right for the rich. Rich people are not more deserving of citizenship than poor people and I find the idea that people could jump the line and enjoy 2, 3 or 5 more years of citizenship and voting rights than poorer applicants to be offensive.

All qualified applicants should have the right to enjoy their legal and democratic rights within a "reasonable" timeframe, not just the rich.