+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Keeping PR if Canadian wife gets UK Spousal VISA

Discussion in 'Permanent Residency Obligations' started by PWMJ2019, Jul 1, 2019.

  1. Hi,

    I am a UK citizen who obtained PR in September 2017. My Canadian wife (full citizenship) and I moved to work abroad for a year and a half. We were together the entire time. However, due to family issues (such is life), my parents want us to move back to the UK for a couple of years. She will get a spousal VISA in order to work in the UK for this time. My two questions are:

    a) Will I lose my Canadian PR if my wife gets a UK spousal VISA?
    b) Will my wife even be able to obtain a UK Spousal VISA if I have been given PR in Canada? (This is probably a question for another forum)

    Thanks for your help.
  2. a. No.
    b. Should be possible although not familiar with the process.

Share This Page