+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just recieved my GCMS notes.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I agree but my case is complicated hence it needed a thorough explanation. I don’t believe in writing useless crap. I had low grades, my program is not technically relevant to my studies, lack of work experience and all that stuff. I did not want to write just a couple lines and that’s probably why the VO didn’t mention any of that in the notes. My main concern right now is that if I apply again, is the financial situation going to create a problem or I’m good with just GIC+First year tuition?
You need to be able to show that there are other funds available to cover future year tuition and living expenses. If this is a 2 year degree you should be fine. Realistically 10k is not realistic for actual living costs and you still have to factor in travel. In more expensive markets like Toronto or BC you are looking at more or less double depending on how much you end up spending on accommodations.

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
You need to be able to show that there are other funds available to cover future year tuition and living expenses. If this is a 2 year degree you should be fine. Realistically 10k is not realistic for actual living costs and you still have to factor in travel. In more expensive markets like Toronto or BC you are looking at more or less double depending on how much you end up spending on accommodations.
I agree that that this isn't the ideal amount when we talk about the reality but it is what is needed to fulfil the bare minimum criteria and yes, the program is indeed of two years long duration.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I agree that that this isn't the ideal amount when we talk about the reality but it is what is needed to fulfil the bare minimum criteria and yes, the program is indeed of two years long duration.
If you have over 50k that is just enough and there may be potential for more savings over the next year. The issue becomes when you are short of funds and there is no visible way for you to gain enough funds for the future year’s expenses.

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
If you have over 50k that is just enough and there may be potential for more savings over the next year. The issue becomes when you are short of funds and there is no visible way for you to gain enough funds for the future year’s expenses.
I see. 50k as in combined sum? Currently, I have liquid funds estimating around 27k. My sponsor also has a permanent income of around $2k/mo. What do you think?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I see. 50k as in combined sum? Currently, I have liquid funds estimating around 27k. My sponsor also has a permanent income of around $2k/mo. What do you think?
Sorry I misread that you had 52k. If you only have 27k there will be no way that you could afford the second year. Working is not guaranteed and earning enough to cover tuition and living expenses is not realistic. Most don’t earn enough to even cover their living expenses.

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Sorry I misread that you had 52k. If you only have 27k there will be no way that you could afford the second year. Working is not guaranteed and earning enough to cover tuition and living expenses is not realistic. Most don’t earn enough to even cover their living expenses.
I think you misunderstood my answer, my bad. This 27k that I have is the fund that is on top of the tuition and GIC which I've already paid thus totaling the sum at around ~53k.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I think you misunderstood my answer, my bad. This 27k that I have is the fund that is on top of the tuition and GIC which I've already paid thus totaling the sum at around ~53k.
If you have around CAD 53 thousand combined, I think you should be fine considering it's a 2 year program and you are traveling alone. Maybe try to be as clear as possible when explaining your funds. If your yearly tuition is around CAD 16 thousand, and the living expenses are CAD 10 per year, with CAD 53 thousand you should be covered!

Reactions: anuragipushp

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
If you have around CAD 53 thousand combined, I think you should be fine considering it's a 2 year program and you are traveling alone. Maybe try to be as clear as possible when explaining your funds. If your yearly tuition is around CAD 16 thousand, and the living expenses are CAD 10 per year, with CAD 53 thousand you should be covered!
I hope so. Let's see what happens. Thanks again for your time.