+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just recieved my GCMS notes.

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Alright lads, just got my GCMS notes. Here's what they say:

“LOA indicates annual tuition fee of $16,297. Combined with approx. $10k per year in living expenses, the total cost to the client would be $52,594. Considering this, and comparing with the employment opportunities available to the client in their chosen field of studies in their home country as well as the local options available for similar studies, and the applicant’s personal, financial, and family circumstances, I am not satisfied that pursuing this level of study in Canada is reasonable.

The applicant has provided financial documents. After reviewing the GIC, tuition receipt, account statements. I am not satisfied that the applicant has sufficient finances readily available to fully cover their tuition and living costs while studying in Canada.

Therefore, I am not satisfied that the applicant meets the requirements of the Act and/or the Regulations, and would depart Canada at the end of the authorized stay.”

These are the refusal grounds of my second study permit application that I lodged 5 days after receiving my first refusal back in July of this year. My biggest mistake was that I re-applied in a hurry that too under non-SDS. The program that I applied to is a College-Diploma in Game-Design from Cambrian, Sudbury Campus. I couldn't find a relevant program in form of a master's or even an undergrad in any good Canadian Uni. In the current LoE that I have been preparing, I have mentioned about the lack of local option in this field in my home country by providing reviews which are negative of course because there is still no proper institute in my country in such field. I have also provided LinkedIn and Glassdoor job postings and also the average and potential maximum pay that is there in this industry in my home country. I have also mentioned that this profession also allows me to generate a passive income through mediums such as freelancing and selling game assets and what not. Most of the job postings list a diploma in game design as a requirement on top of the obvious relevant skill requirements and I've also provided a list of quite a few people who have just a diploma as their qualification but are now at really good positions in the industry. The biggest issue here is the financial concern. My concern is that will these GCMS notes affect my next application as well? because I will be applying under SDS again and based on the guidelines, I have technically fulfilled the financial requirements as I have paid my GIC and first year tuition fee in advanced.

I'd appreciate any valuable input and suggestions.

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
I know you must've posted this somewhere else, before. Can you post it here again? What did you study (bachelors)? Do you have any work experience?

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
I know you must've posted this somewhere else, before. Can you post it here again? What did you study (bachelors)? Do you have any work experience?
Hey! I graduated in 2021 and my previous education is a Bachelor of Arts in English. I do not have any work experience although I do have a portfolio of work related to game design and art that showcases my skills in relation with my proposed program. I do not think that the educational background might have been an issue because the VO hasn't mentioned anyhting about my previous education/employment history.

Reactions: RamSatt

Pradeep Raju

May 20, 2014
There are various factors which you has to be taken into consideration
1) Did you give a proper justification to the visa officer on your program and your future plans. What I understand from your messages " Your SOP " was not appropriate.
2) The program which you have opted is a Diploma or a Post graduate diploma ?

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
There are various factors which you has to be taken into consideration
1) Did you give a proper justification to the visa officer on your program and your future plans. What I understand from your messages " Your SOP " was not appropriate.
2) The program which you have opted is a Diploma or a Post graduate diploma ?
I did provide proper justification but it clearly wasn't enough. It is an Ontario College Diploma. There's no PG Diploma offered in Game-Design in any of the Canadian colleges that offers such curriculum and duration based on my research.

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Plus, a degree would be excessive for me as I already have a beginner to intermediate level knowledge of game art concepts.

Pradeep Raju

May 20, 2014
I did provide proper justification but it clearly wasn't enough. It is an Ontario College Diploma. There's no PG Diploma offered in Game-Design in any of the Canadian colleges that offers such curriculum and duration based on my research.
See you have finished your Bachelor's and you gonna opt for a Diploma then obviously here is a problem. That too your Bachelors is irrelevant to the program which you have opted to study in Canada. You will have to give a very strong justification and proper justification otherwise it will be rejected again. So be careful and vigile

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
See you have finished your Bachelor's and you gonna opt for a Diploma then obviously here is a problem. That too your Bachelors is irrelevant to the program which you have opted to study in Canada. You will have to give a very strong justification and proper justification otherwise it will be rejected again. So be careful and vigile
I provided a nearly 10 pages long Letter of Explanation in which I stated the exact reasons of pursuing this very program and why my bachelors is not a relevant qualification in the type of employment that I wish to pursue. Thank you for your input.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I provided a nearly 10 pages long Letter of Explanation in which I stated the exact reasons of pursuing this very program and why my bachelors is not a relevant qualification in the type of employment that I wish to pursue. Thank you for your input.
A 10 pages long SOP? Maybe you went a little to far... Based on what I've read, it helps to be as clear and concise as possible.

Regarding GCMS notes:

1. I would argue that you comply with the funds requirement according to the information provided from IRCC, so lack of fund should not be a reason for refusal. In addition, provide evidence of the salary of positions in your home country, stating that those kind of salaries would more than make up for the tuition fees.

2. Submit evidence of why the local study options are not comparable with your chosen program in Canada. This could be internships at Canadian companies, specific subjects included in the program, etc.

Not much else I could say about it, maybe people with more experience can guide you further. Good luck!

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
A 10 pages long SOP? Maybe you went a little to far... Based on what I've read, it helps to be as clear and concise as possible.

Regarding GCMS notes:

1. I would argue that you comply with the funds requirement according to the information provided from IRCC, so lack of fund should not be a reason for refusal. In addition, provide evidence of the salary of positions in your home country, stating that those kind of salaries would more than make up for the tuition fees.

2. Submit evidence of why the local study options are not comparable with your chosen program in Canada. This could be internships at Canadian companies, specific subjects included in the program, etc.

Not much else I could say about it, maybe people with more experience can guide you further. Good luck!
i agree, 10 pages is much too long. remember, quality over quantity. my SOP was only 3 pages with double spacing

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
I agree but my case is complicated hence it needed a thorough explanation. I don’t believe in writing useless crap. I had low grades, my program is not technically relevant to my studies, lack of work experience and all that stuff. I did not want to write just a couple lines and that’s probably why the VO didn’t mention any of that in the notes. My main concern right now is that if I apply again, is the financial situation going to create a problem or I’m good with just GIC+First year tuition?

Last edited:

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
As to justify the program, I’ve collected extensive information. I’ve also collected the mostly negative reviews of said “local institutes”. I’ve collected a data of average pay in the industry in my home country. I’ve also listed down the people from my LinkedIn who only have a diploma as their educational credential and are now at good paying positions, some even running their own studios. I have also case studied a lot of JR SP refusal cases.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I agree but my case is complicated hence it needed a thorough explanation. I don’t believe in writing useless crap. I had low grades, my program is not technically relevant to my studies, lack of work experience and all. Did not want to write just a couple lines and that’s probably why the VO didn’t mention any of that in the notes. My main concerns right now is that if I apply again, is the financial situation going to create a problem or I’m good with just GIC+First year tuition?
If you apply again with the same funds, even though you may argue that you fulfill the requirements, they might refuse you again. If I were you, I would try to put additional funds in the account just to be on the safer side. If you apply using the same evidence, chances are the outcome will be the same.

Reactions: anuragipushp

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
If you apply again with the same funds, even though you may argue that you fulfill the requirements, they might refuse you again. If I were you, I would try to put additional funds in the account just to be on the safer side. If you apply using the same evidence, chances are the outcome will be the same.
Yeah, man. Things are in a real pickle at the moment. Honestly? I don't have that much to show but I guess I can try my luck for one last time. Thank you all for your valuable feedback. I really appreciate it.

Reactions: Geet7