+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just received my PR, I have a couple of questions.

Cryo

May 6, 2021
Hey Guys,

I just received my PR on May 14th, and got my PR Card two weeks later.

My CIC account and PR portal account still say that my application is under review. Do I need to be concerned about this? Also I’m moving to a new place in a week or two, do I need to update my address there since my application is technically still in progress?

Government side, aside from my SIN is there anything else I need to update?

What do need to know about traveling with my PR card? Any new processes I need to be aware of?

What exactly do I need to do to fulfill my PR obligations? Just stay here for two years out of five?

I’ve tried to google these but I couldn’t find much info, so I thought I’d try ask here.

Thank you!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,

My CIC account and PR portal account still say that my application is under review. Do I need to be concerned about this? Also I’m moving to a new place in a week or two, do I need to update my address there since my application is technically still in progress?

What do need to know about traveling with my PR card? Any new processes I need to be aware of?

What exactly do I need to do to fulfill my PR obligations? Just stay here for two years out of five?

I’ve tried to google these but I couldn’t find much info, so I thought I’d try ask here.

Thank you!
Once you got your PR card and SIN, there is no need to update address unless things like you are sponsoring another relative.

For PR obligation, you need to physically live in Canada for 730 days in a rolling 5 years period. When you received your PR card, there should be a letter explaining the PR obligation. Otherwise, it is stated in the IRCC website.

Cryo

May 6, 2021
Once you got your PR card and SIN, there is no need to update address unless things like you are sponsoring another relative.

For PR obligation, you need to physically live in Canada for 730 days in a rolling 5 years period. When you received your PR card, there should be a letter explaining the PR obligation. Otherwise, it is stated in the IRCC website.
I should have mentioned, I applied inland through CEC. So I used my current address in Canada.

and thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey Guys,

Thank you!
Sometimes the computer systems lag behind the immigration system. If your application remains under review a few months from now I would be concerned. Your previous visas and permits must be cancelled now that you are a PR. Wouldn’t worry too much about it and check back every month to see if it no longer under review. Congratulations on becoming a PR!