+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just realized I made a HUGE mistake applying to Seneca College

amaya82

Feb 16, 2019
So I know that this is my fault and all. i am doing Ontario College diploma in Business from Seneca with approx 15,000 in fees (which i already paid) for one semester. However when I checked Algonquin and Sheridan college, that SAME qualification is a little over 7,000 CAD for one semester. WTF? i was under the false assumption that all Ontario Colleges were offering the same qualification with the same fees.

(Side question if i want to transfer out of Seneca to algonquin/ sheridan for semester 2 in the same qualification, can i do that at algonquin/ sheridan?) of course i would have to get acceptance letter and pay tuition etc.

dreamy2536

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dhaka VFS
App. Filed.......
27-11-2017
Doc's Request.
30-11-2017 [Additional documents]
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-12-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
Expected 30-06-2018
So I know that this is my fault and all. i am doing Ontario College diploma in Business from Seneca with approx 15,000 in fees (which i already paid) for one semester. However when I checked Algonquin and Sheridan college, that SAME qualification is a little over 7,000 CAD for one semester. WTF? i was under the false assumption that all Ontario Colleges were offering the same qualification with the same fees.

(Side question if i want to transfer out of Seneca to algonquin/ sheridan for semester 2 in the same qualification, can i do that at algonquin/ sheridan?) of course i would have to get acceptance letter and pay tuition etc.
Only solution to this is talk to those colleges and only they can answer.
Good Luck

Usman.anwar18

Aug 20, 2019

hi.. I am also planning for admission in business certification. which course you have selected for ontario certification.
did your college require for education assessment for your international education.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018

According to this link here https://www.senecacollege.ca/programs/fulltime/BBS/costs.html#pre-content_menu

The cost is 15K CAD for an academic year, which is two semesters.

Are you sure you are seeing the international rate for both colleges. FYI Algonquin is in Ottawa and not Ontario

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Each college and university sets its own fees.

There is no way a diploma from Seneca is $30K per year. I think you've misunderstood the fees. $15K per years sounds about right which would put it on par with the other two.