+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just realised that my bank account statement is missing last name

slashmaybe

May 20, 2019
My bank account statement for the bank that contains almost all my funds has been missing my last name since the time this bank account was opened (last year) - and I realised it today (a week before submission) :(

The name change process will take a long time.

Is this something I can explain in the LoE?

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
I meant that my bank account itself was opened with an incomplete name..
This doesn’t sound possible. Everything is computerized and any half assed software will not allow a banker to proceed forward with opening an account without the last name.

Not sure which country you are in or what sort of bank you have.

But if that’s the case this is a stupid blunder on the side of the bank. Ask for a letter explaining the same from the branch manager and attach it to your LOE.

slashmaybe

May 20, 2019
This doesn’t sound possible. Everything is computerized and any half assed software will not allow a banker to proceed forward with opening an account without the last name.

Not sure which country you are in or what sort of bank you have.

But if that’s the case this is a stupid blunder on the side of the bank. Ask for a letter explaining the same from the branch manager and attach it to your LOE.
I was highly dismayed too; this is a pretty, decent, well-known bank within India (I didn't even look at my name part after getting the bank account statement) - but I just realised that one of the national ID documents that I may have shown does not have my last name too :( That's one mistake + the fact that the bank did not think to ask for my last name (which should be a compulsory field). Sigh.

I've been running around a bit in the last few hours - and I'm planning to transfer half the money in that bank account to another bank account I have that is nice and correct. My new questions are:

1. If there still a decent sum of money in the <wrong> account after I transfer required funds to <correct> account - am I expected to show funds in the <wrong> account? I will try to transfer as much as I can in 3 days but there is a limit on these things .. Basically, my question is am I expected to show all my financial accounts?

2. Or is IRCC just expecting proof of funds - meaning if I show I have the required funds they should be happy?

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
I was highly dismayed too; this is a pretty, decent, well-known bank within India (I didn't even look at my name part after getting the bank account statement) - but I just realised that one of the national ID documents that I may have shown does not have my last name too :( That's one mistake + the fact that the bank did not think to ask for my last name (which should be a compulsory field). Sigh.

I've been running around a bit in the last few hours - and I'm planning to transfer half the money in that bank account to another bank account I have that is nice and correct. My new questions are:

1. If there still a decent sum of money in the <wrong> account after I transfer required funds to <correct> account - am I expected to show funds in the <wrong> account? I will try to transfer as much as I can in 3 days but there is a limit on these things .. Basically, my question is am I expected to show all my financial accounts?

2. Or is IRCC just expecting proof of funds - meaning if I show I have the required funds they should be happy?
Take your passport and Adhaar card to bank if they have correct name. Ask bank to update your name on bank account. When it is done then get updated bank statement and submit it to IRCC.

slashmaybe

May 20, 2019
Take your passport and Adhaar card to bank if the have correct name. Ask bank to update your name. When it is done then get updated bank statement and submit it to IRCC.
Not possible! My deadline is soon + don't want to deal with all that bureaucracy + this is the fastest way.

Hoping someone can answer the new questions from my last post.

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
Not possible! My deadline is soon + don't want to deal with all that bureaucracy + this is the fastest way.

Hoping someone can answer the new questions from my last post.
Buddy, it’s up to you. It is just one day work. The onus is on you to provide correct documents. If you show a bank account in which money is recently transferred then you will be inviting trouble on your application.

Answer to your second question is a big NO. Look at this example that person with first name ABC and last name XYZ and Person with only and same first name ABC can be two different persons.

slashmaybe

May 20, 2019
The process outlined by the bank officials to change my name included getting court indemnity + two newspaper advertisements etc. It would take atleast 3-4 weeks. I have work deadlines this week that I cannot afford to overlook.; so the first option is impossible for me.

The only good option I see is getting some form of an explanation letter from the bank.

Thanks for the responses.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
If I am unable to get this letter, do you'll think it is worth declining the invite (my CRS score is good)? @WarHammer @hitesh0414
First of all, honestly its a blunder not to check your bank statements for the last 12 months.
Secondly its now a question to take a chance or not. Check with the bank authorities if it is possible to provide the bank reference letter for canada as per your passport and attach bank statements with just your first name.

Next option is change the name legally in the bank. Even after the newspaper ad's and bank name change process, it should not take you more than 10 working days. Then take a fresh print out of the bank statements.

Last option is move the money to another bank where is name is correct and attach both bank statements and explain to the Visa officer in LOE. (Note your LOE should be crisp as you will already create an image in front of the officer about you being careless over the last 1 year)

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DECLINE YOUR ITA. Consider fellow members in this world who are not stuck between 450 to 464 and have not put a foot wrong and are waiting for an ITA. When you reclaim another ITA your denying someone else a chance to live their dreams.

Tip : As I am a banker myself, I can think of one last thing. Book a Fixed Deposit in a new bank with your correct name, attach the bank statements from the current bank and write an LOE explaining you had funds in xyz bank and now you booked an FD for 6 months with ABC bank to earn interest before you move to Canada permanently. FD's are accepted as POF and also write in the LOE your FD can be liquidated anytime also request the new ABC bank to mention the same on the bank reference letter .

Cheers