+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

just need some answers please

stanjack

Jul 16, 2013
Hello all,
My passport(not canadian) will soon expire and am still waiting for my test. Can anybody tell me what to do when i renew it? Should i inform CIC and send the renewed ppassport to them or should i just wait till they ask for it?And if i sent it , will it delay the process?
I will appreciate ur answer please..... thanks all

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
stanjack said:
Hello all,
My passport(not canadian) will soon expire and am still waiting for my test. Can anybody tell me what to do when i renew it? Should i inform CIC and send the renewed ppassport to them or should i just wait till they ask for it?And if i sent it , will it delay the process?
I will appreciate ur answer please..... thanks all
To the best of my knowledge, there's no official requirement from CIC to notify them of renewed passports during the processing of your application. I would however take ALL passports (plus photocopies) to the test. See excerpt from CIC's website on instances you are required to contact them after applying:

While we process your application, you should only contact CIC if:

you change your address,
you plan to leave Canada for more than two weeks in a row,
you are charged with a crime or
we do not contact you about your file within the posted processing times.

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was in the same situation as you. I renewed my foreign passport in a normal way. When test day came, I took my new and old passports to the test and the staff member checked them both. Simple as that. I did not send any additional documents about my new passport.

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Nordicgirl said:
I was in the same situation as you. I renewed my foreign passport in a normal way. When test day came, I took my new and old passports to the test and the staff member checked them both. Simple as that. I did not send any additional documents about my new passport.
My point exactly. Tusen takk!

stanjack

Jul 16, 2013
One more thing please...I have lived in three addresses in all my stay in Canada .All of these where declared in my application form but for the second address i did not add proof of any kind even though i have some and the documents such as drivers licence , pr card etc are still bearing my first address.... the reason why is because while i was in my second address, i didnt bother to change anything cos is the same city and when i left for another city(same province) it was just one month before i applied i could not change it ... though i did when after i applied i verified it with CIC..I just want to know if that will affect my application such as RQ or delayed process