+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just married sponsoring wife

clement52

Jan 30, 2019
This sounds like a shady consultant not a lawyer...well if you don't want to speak up then how can we really help? 6 months of wasted time is A LOT as from what I seen from outbound app espcially from the Philippans, they are landing in Canada on a 7-8 months timeframe. I wish you all the best my friend!
He is a consultant not a lawyer

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
He shouldn't be able to no. Unless he has some sort of shady clause in the contract. You are only getting him to do his job. At this point in time he is not doing his job and you have every right to ask him to speed the process up. I don't know how much you are paying, but from what I hear consultants are not cheap. If you are unsure, ask him to see the contract (If you have not seen it already), but don't be afraid of getting this guy to do the job properly.

clement52

Jan 30, 2019
He shouldn't be able to no. Unless he has some sort of shady clause in the contract. You are only getting him to do his job. At this point in time he is not doing his job and you have every right to ask him to speed the process up. I don't know how much you are paying, but from what I hear consultants are not cheap. If you are unsure, ask him to see the contract (If you have not seen it already), but don't be afraid of getting this guy to do the job properly.
$1500 I

clement52

Jan 30, 2019
$1500 I paid 750 to start process but all has been done to forms sent to me

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Sorry I wasn't prying. That is a ridiculous amount of money for something you can basically do yourself. Hopefully you get a speedy result. Good luck.

clement52

Jan 30, 2019
No problem I don't mind telling.actually ,I thought it was cheap compared to others I checked . Does the marriage thing affect permanent residence applications

clement52

Jan 30, 2019
I hate such shady consultants. @clement52 how much did you pay? Try to talk to him (strongly) and tell him that you will get the documents signed by your wife and get her to courier them over. Tell him that you guys have dated for a long time so being married for a year doesn't make a difference. Tell him long distance s*cks and there's no point in waiting and trying to save some money on courier. If you have dated for a long time and if you have enough evidence to prove that (like chat logs and photos), there's really no point in waiting. I am so pissed at your consultant right now...
Yep he knows all that,I sent him a nice message today,told him exactly what was on my mind,without swear words

Reactions: paint.thinner

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
I've checked some private firms...$5 - $7 k
Realistically, the vast majority of these apps don't need any kind of professional help, so any money at all is too much. Basically, if you'd done it yourself when you got married, you would have been halfway through the process by now.

Either way, the fact that he's stalling and giving you wrong info is a major red flag. I wouldn't trust someone like that with my case at all.

Reactions: clement52

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No problem I don't mind telling.actually ,I thought it was cheap compared to others I checked . Does the marriage thing affect permanent residence applications
It is cheap and you are getting what you paid for, which is an incompetant consultant.

Reactions: kcward7

clement52

Jan 30, 2019
Realistically, the vast majority of these apps don't need any kind of professional help, so any money at all is too much. Basically, if you'd done it yourself when you got married, you would have been halfway through the process by now.

Either way, the fact that he's stalling and giving you wrong info is a major red flag. I wouldn't trust someone like that with my case at all.

clement52

Jan 30, 2019
Thanks for your input.i sent the consultant a stern message about the comments on here and my opinion on what should be done. Yes, I could have applied myself but had no clue and for other reasons for her PR, she didn't have access to computers.i also figured a consultant would be an asset. He replied to my message to say he will send a more detailed message later