+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Just In] At last some good news for Super Visa Holders :)

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
News release
June 7, 2022—Ottawa—As we work to recover from the pandemic, the Government of Canada continues to prioritize family reunification so that we can attract, retain and integrate immigrants who contribute to the success of our country.

Today, the Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, announced enhancements to Canada’s super visa program. These enhancements will make it easier for Canadians to reunite with their parents and grandparents in Canada and will allow super visa holders to stay for a longer period of time. These changes, which come into force on July 4, 2022, will

increase the length of stay for super visa holders to 5 years per entry into Canada
People who have a super visa also have the option to request to extend their stay by up to 2 years while in Canada. This means super visa holders will now be able to stay in Canada for up to 7 consecutive years.
allow the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship to designate international medical insurance companies to provide coverage to super visa applicants in the future
Currently, only Canadian insurance providers can provide the necessary medical coverage that super visa applicants are required to have. Information about any designated medical insurance companies located outside of Canada will be communicated on IRCC’s website at a later date.

Since 2011, Canadian citizens and permanent residents have been able to reunite with their parents and grandparents in Canada for extended periods of time through Canada’s super visa program. This multiple-entry visa, which is valid for up to 10 years, has allowed parents and grandparents to remain in Canada for 2 years at a time. This makes the super visa more beneficial than a regular multiple-entry visitor visa, under which the length of stay is usually 6 months or less.

Link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/06/enhancements-to-the-super-visa-program-for-parents-and-grandparents-will-help-reunite-families-more-easily-and-for-longer.html

samrakaran

Jan 9, 2014
Qucik question folks, my parent are here on supervisa since oct 2020, can they stay till 5 years now as well or this is for new applications made after july 2022?

Khalsgb

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qucik question folks, my parent are here on supervisa since oct 2020, can they stay till 5 years now as well or this is for new applications made after july 2022?
They can extend just for 2 year ...

mmsyed

Aug 8, 2013
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Inland
AOR Received.
03-03-2018
LANDED..........
05-10-2018
They can extend just for 2 year ...
Hi Khalsgb, I am also in the same boat- my parents arrived here in July 2020 on super visa. They initially got approved until February 2022, which was until their passport validity. Then their visa were extended until January 2023.

question1:Are they eligible to stay 5 years under the new rules? If not, why?

question2: if above does not apply, can they apply for another extension?

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
Hi Guys,

I applied for parent supervisa while my mother was backhome. She still has valid visitor visa so she came to Canada for a few weeks for her birthday and while she was here in Canada she got the biometrics request for super visa. My question is if it will be ok to get the biometrics done in Canada and submit it or will that be an issue? It only states that application should be submitted outside Canada but not sure if biometrics would also have to be done and submitted from outside Canada?
Your help will be greatly appreciated .

Thanks !

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

I applied for parent supervisa while my mother was backhome. She still has valid visitor visa so she came to Canada for a few weeks for her birthday and while she was here in Canada she got the biometrics request for super visa. My question is if it will be ok to get the biometrics done in Canada and submit it or will that be an issue? It only states that application should be submitted outside Canada but not sure if biometrics would also have to be done and submitted from outside Canada?
Your help will be greatly appreciated .

Thanks !
Has she done biometrics in the past 10 years?

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015

Bella987

Jun 27, 2021
Super visa timeline - applied April 27th from Punjab , india. Approved 10th November 2022.
I have a question , she will get her super visa for 5 years with stamped duration on it , if she wants to go back to india to visit her parents for 1 month in between 5 years , she will have her medical insurance , will she be able to get the same remaining duration upon return back to Canada or could it get complicated or her stay could get reduced or something I should know ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Super visa timeline - applied April 27th from Punjab , india. Approved 10th November 2022.
I have a question , she will get her super visa for 5 years with stamped duration on it , if she wants to go back to india to visit her parents for 1 month in between 5 years , she will have her medical insurance , will she be able to get the same remaining duration upon return back to Canada or could it get complicated or her stay could get reduced or something I should know ?
A supervisa is not the same as the ability to move to Canada. Spending 5 years and then only leaving for a month and returning could result in a shorter stay. It is really up to CBSA on that day.