+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just got my COPR. I have some questions.

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
Hi,

I just got my COPR and my passport with the Visa attached.

The end date for my visa is the date when my medicals expire in November. I plan to land around August but I will have to leave shortly because I need to come back to my country and wrap up my job, etc.

I plan to move to Canada next year. Will I be required to do my medical test again?

If my visa expires in November, how do I travel back to Canada?

Also, the COPR said I will need to apply for a SIN number the moment I land there. As I plan to leave to come back to my country of residence, how many days trip should I plan for landing in Canada?

I am quite confused about the landing procedure. So, if someone can tell me the steps required and things to do while landing, that would be great!

Thanks!

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
No
PR card
One week
'

Okay. So, my relatives can mail that card to me when it arrives.

What else is required at the airport? I will take my bank statement with me along with my educational papers.

I will not have a lot of luggage though. Will that be a red flag for them? since they can figure out from that I plan to leave and come back later.

bigbaoulay

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hi,

I just got my COPR and my passport with the Visa attached.

The end date for my visa is the date when my medicals expire in November. I plan to land around August but I will have to leave shortly because I need to come back to my country and wrap up my job, etc.

I plan to move to Canada next year. Will I be required to do my medical test again?

If my visa expires in November, how do I travel back to Canada?

Also, the COPR said I will need to apply for a SIN number the moment I land there. As I plan to leave to come back to my country of residence, how many days trip should I plan for landing in Canada?

I am quite confused about the landing procedure. So, if someone can tell me the steps required and things to do while landing, that would be great!

Thanks!
Will you do the medical again ?
No

As for coming back
Better wait for you PR card first
Wanting time is around 2-3 months
Without that you’d be forced to get a travel document for permanent resident
So if you don’t mind that then you can come back immediately after you landing

As for the SIN number you can get it at the landing airport itself or visit a service Canada office once you get to your destination

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
Will you do the medical again ?
No

As for coming back
Better wait for you PR card first
Wanting time is around 2-3 months
Without that you’d be forced to get a travel document for permanent resident
So if you don’t mind that then you can come back immediately after you landing

As for the SIN number you can get it at the landing airport itself or visit a service Canada office once you get to your destination
Thanks!

Yea I do not mind waiting for the PR card at all. It will give me enough time to quit and wrap up my affairs.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
'

Okay. So, my relatives can mail that card to me when it arrives.

What else is required at the airport? I will take my bank statement with me along with my educational papers.

I will not have a lot of luggage though. Will that be a red flag for them? since they can figure out from that I plan to leave and come back later.
It's common just to land to get the PR and then go back. The immigration officers know about it and you can tell them that. You just need an address for them to mail the PR to

Reactions: aman.alam