+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just got married to my Canadian Girlfriend what do we have to do now?

SouthZJ

Feb 5, 2010
Thanks for all your help then we better get started with the Application for my PR

Thanks to all of you

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2011, pick up friday !
SouthZJ said:
So its better if i leave Canada to apply for PR?
that would be so bad my wifen and i we are like one person we never go alone some where and me leaving her here would break her and my hard even if it would be just for a view month
I might be wrong, but I understand that even if you apply outland you can be in Canada, but if you current Visa expires before you are approved, then you need to go back to Germany, unless you find a way to get it extended before if expires. It is faster outland then Inland.

Also if you decide to go the Outland route, and get called in for an interview you will have to go back to Germany as it is the embassy who is in charge of dealing with your application, and once you are in Germany, if you decide to come back to Canada, they MIGHT not let you in UNLESS you can prove to them that you do not intend to stay in Canada after, also regardless of the outcome of your PR application. ( meaning if you get refused they want to make sure you ll go back to Germany, and not stay in Canada illegally because your wife is there).

If you do apply Inland, you have no right of appeal, and also you can not leave the country during the whole process and it is usualy longer

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The outland processing times for Berlin are fairly long but some people say that Berlin is actually a lot faster than the times they give. For somebody who is legally in Canada with at least a one year visa, it is also possible to apply outland as somebody who is legally in Canada in which case you can opt for processing in Buffalo.