+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just got ITA

Akama123

Oct 7, 2023
Since March, my work experience in Canada has been NOC 33102, but in January (2024), I stopped working there and indicated that in my EE portal that I started a new job that same January in another field. Please what do I do?

it was 3 different places but there was no break in employment. It was all back to back. Part time. But I accumulated above 700 hours in all. (Which adds up to 6 months).
I have letters, pay stubs and T4s to show that I have above 750 hours (which is 6 months (half of 1560 hours)).

Dreamcamethru

May 6, 2019
Congratulations on your ITA, I also got it on Wednesday.

To answer your question- you most probably got selected under CEC (I'm assuming). If you did, then 1. You have to have at least 6 months continuous work experience over the 3 years of working in Canada and of course your general 1 year (this one year doesn't have to be continuous for CEC) so I wouldn't worry if your situation is as described here... otherwise, unfortunately, you'll have to decline and wait until you meet the minimum criteria. Part-time over a 6 months period isn't sufficient based on what I've read and so it's better to be safe than sorry since I know someone who got ita and later got rejected. Read the fine print before you proceed to avoid risk of misrepresentation.

Also write a LOE to explain your situation if you think you've met the minimum requirement. All the best and I look forward to others embarking on this journey with us. It's been a long hard process but finally, we made it

Akama123

Oct 7, 2023
Hello. Thank you so much for your reply.
I got selected under FSW, for healthcare. Because I’ve had 3 employments (all part time though).
march - October = 530 hours
August - October = 160 hours
October - January = 170 hours.
Which sum up to the 6 months hours (1560 / 2 = 780).

So what do you think? I have letters from all companies (here in Canada). Including letters from where I worked in my home country.

Akama123

Oct 7, 2023
Congratulations on your ITA, I also got it on Wednesday.

To answer your question- you most probably got selected under CEC (I'm assuming). If you did, then 1. You have to have at least 6 months continuous work experience over the 3 years of working in Canada and of course your general 1 year (this one year doesn't have to be continuous for CEC) so I wouldn't worry if your situation is as described here... otherwise, unfortunately, you'll have to decline and wait until you meet the minimum criteria. Part-time over a 6 months period isn't sufficient based on what I've read and so it's better to be safe than sorry since I know someone who got ita and later got rejected. Read the fine print before you proceed to avoid risk of misrepresentation.

Also write a LOE to explain your situation if you think you've met the minimum requirement. All the best and I look forward to others embarking on this journey with us. It's been a long hard process but finally, we made it
Hello. Thank you so much for your reply.
I got selected under FSW, for healthcare. Because I’ve had 3 employments (all part time though).
march - October = 530 hours
August - October = 160 hours
October - January = 170 hours.
Which sum up to the 6 months hours (1560 / 2 = 780).

So what do you think? I have letters from all companies (here in Canada). Including letters from where I worked in my home country.