+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just got a response from immigration! COPR?

liza5

Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2009
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Request
09-01-2012
Med's Done....
16-01-2012
Interview........
25-10-2011
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hey Guyssss! Just got a response to my email for case inquiry this is what it said:

Dear Applicant,

Your application has reached the final stage of processing.
As of December 1, 2011, applicants for permanent residence who have a passport which is visa exempt for travel to Canada no longer require a permanent resident visa in their passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident. As you (and your dependents) hold passports from a visa exempt country, we only require a copy of the biographical (picture) pages of your passport(s) in order to issue a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document which is the document required to seek admission to Canada as a permanent resident.
So that your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document can be issued, you must now submit the documents listed below. (These instructions do not apply to accompanying family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship, because they will have to travel on their Canadian passports.)
1. Copies (only) of the photo and personal information pages of your passport and for each accompanying family member. DO NOT SEND YOUR PASSPORT
2. Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications on page 2 of this letter.
3. The “Updated Information Chart” on page 3, fully completed for you and each accompanying family member.
Submit the copies of your passport(s), photos, and information chart within 30 days of the date of this letter (or the date of the email if you received this by email). All documents for you and your accompanying family members must be submitted together in one package. Follow the instructions on page 4 of this letter to submit your package.

§ You should not take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or buying plane tickets until you have received your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document.

This was a file I had to open and it had more instructions but this was the main instruction. Although my concern is that this looks like an email they would send to anyone.. it doesn't state my name, file number or anything specific to our file and also it does say we shouldn't take any irrevocable actions like selling property etc.. So does this really mean that once he submits the info he will get his COPR and he can be on his way here? lol i'm just a bit ify because its just taken so long and i don't want to get my hopes high. Another thing would be.. if my husband drops off the package they requested in person would it take two weeks to pick it up or can he get it earlier?
I would very much appreciate anyone's experience and what happen in their case.
Thanks Guys!!

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Yes it is COPR, send the info as requested and all the waiting is finally over! Congratulations :D

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liza5 said:
Hey Guyssss! Just got a response to my email for case inquiry this is what it said:
So does this really mean that once he submits the info he will get his COPR and he can be on his way here?
Yes, YES, YES!!!

liza5 said:
lol i'm just a bit ify because its just taken so long and i don't want to get my hopes high.
Get ready...he's on his way!

liza5 said:
Another thing would be.. if my husband drops off the package they requested in person would it take two weeks to pick it up or can he get it earlier?
I would very much appreciate anyone's experience and what happen in their case.
Thanks Guys!!
I don't know if London still does same day processing. If they offer it, it's usually stated in the letter ... once you stop jumping for joy, reread it ;)

BTW, is his personal effects accounting doc ready to import his goods duty free as a settler?

If not - take a look at The B4/B4A story. He'll need a B4 and likely at least one B4A form and one or more B4A forms.
Detailed instructions on the B4/B4A from CBSA are at BSF5113 and at BSF5087 .

liza5

Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2009
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Request
09-01-2012
Med's Done....
16-01-2012
Interview........
25-10-2011
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Thanks GUYS!!!! I'm so overjoyed right now :D wooooo
Hehe anyways..... uhmm OhCanadiana you brought up a good topic i didnt even think of that. I've heard u have to claim everything but I don't know the procedure i'm going to take a look at the link.. Thanks again OhCanadiana for the responsesss!! :)

:D

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012