+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just got a refusal today with absurd REASONS

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Best solution may be, try to transfer your credit of the present tourism program to any Canadian institution and apply again for Jan'2021 which may bring a positive outcome. Because you can't enter Canada now and many students are deferring to Jan'2021. So, you can sort out things, take time and apply again.

But if you are determined to apply again for Fall'2020 with the current profile, then explain in your SOP why you want to pursue computer science program and how it will help you to find a better paying job in Egypt after coming back (be specific, in which city, in which company, where is the tech hub in your country etc.). Secondly, that you will leave Canada if you are unsuccessful in the preparatory course leading to your inability to qualify for the computer science program. Show liquid money in your and/or your parents' account covering the entire study period including preparatory plus degree program (under best scenario). Assure the visa officer stating you know that you won't be able to work 20 hours during your starter course but you have enough money to pay all the expenses. Lastly, show landed properties in your and/or your parents' name and state that you have to come back to look after those properties. I hope it helps.
I really have no words. thank you so so much for giving me your valuable time to write me this advice i really appreciate. And i wish you the best in your life.

Reactions: Bond 007

Faith_Canada123

Jul 16, 2020
Hello guys,

Thank you so much for your comments it’s really appreciated.

Sorry that I came to reply late and that’s because I was really depressed and stressed so I took sleeping pills to knock me out.

My educational background:

Finished high school in 2013 then I went to collage in my country in 2016 in a tourism field and I’m currently in the 3rd educational year however, time changes and stats changes too. Tourism was shining in our country so it was a good idea to have a career related to it. But im recent years Egypt was in a political instability and that affect tourism substantially. And I can say that the industry deteriorated completely. So, in the 3rd year of my current study I decided that’s not what I need and it’s not gonna benefit me. So I searched for collages in Canada and I found one that has a Computer science program that I like because I have pretty good experience in that field from my freelancing work as web designer. I was emailing the international student coordinator About my High school qualifications. Then she told me that I need to complete a 1 year startar course to be eligible for the computer science program because my math marks wasn’t the best. So I got admitted for that program and got accepted.

Financial Status:

I have a good financials records and I don’t think it’s the reason for my rejection.

Jobs:

Mainly I worked online freelancing jobs because it’s more realistic and rewarding for me.
Also to mention I got contracted with American company to process their online financials. But that was a very recent contact after I submitted my application so I didn’t write anything about it.

I know it’s hard for the visa officer to look at these jobs however I provided a bank statement for the past 6 months to see the deposits from my clients online and offline by visiting the bank physically to make the deposit.

So I’m just kinda tired after spending much money on the first semester for the collage also 3 rejections means 3 application fees. So, I feel like I done nothing to myself. I feel that I’m nothing.

Thank you!

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

Are you single? Applying with your family? This shows lack of hometies that will make you want to go back in your home country. Did you include family that will be left back home, properties, inheritance, assets?

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

The above is connected with your purpose of visit. The visa officer is not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay. Logically speaking, your reason for visiting Canada is to study, and why would you study? Because you want to improve your employment prospect.

If the program you are intending to get in the first year is a preparatory, then you have to explain on your SOP so the VO can understand why you have to study this program at such a great expense because again, they did not know this a preparatory. You can attach the email from the school to support your claim. In that way it will make sense.

Another option is submit your 2yr Tourism TOR to your choice of school in Canada so you can get credit and maybe, just maybe you do not need to get this 1 year program and go straight to computer science program.

Then now on next application, you have to support your claim, add details. You can say that while studying tourism, there is this course for computer programing (I hope you have) or subjects about digital marketing and it develops your interest in programming (or whatever the computer science work should be) and decided to study Computer Science. Then back it up with research and employment prospects along with what do you do now that is related to computer science… are all your work online related to programming? If so, add this in the reason why you decided to shift your study but also, you have to ensure you have local employment prospects and not only from international clients. Because you are going to Canada to study so when you go back to your home country, you will have lots of opportunities and you will have great advantage. Do not forget as well to provide comparison as to why studying in Canada for this program is better that in your home country - it could be curriculum wise, companies opts for international study, or because Canada is advanced country in terms of this program etc.....

In the end, whatever reason you choose, it must show logical progression in your career.

Choose your program wisely, try to connect it with either: 1: Educational Background; 2. Employment Background.

Good luck!

Reactions: Alexchimary

Alexchimary

Jul 30, 2020
Hi good day, i am mary, please in can you guard me on how to process study in Canada, or how to get work permit in Canada.
I am an undergraduate from Nigeria but working presently in sultanate of oman.
Please how can i go about it please

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Lol, really? With all due respect you sound like law enforcement, legal or a visa processing agent. I am willing to bet you did not get refused as part of any Canada visa application.

I can understand how you feel at this moment as I've also experienced same rejections 3 times last year.
Would you please share your complete profile so that I may try to look for any loophole there ?